Every body is talking abt India and Pakistan tour of Bush tour but US is only interested in India only, WHY?

HE is having a tour for investment in economical infrastracture but in India only. not for Pakistan

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

These two countries don't like each other and India has a more favorable attitude towards America. The "Cold War" conditions set in long ago also allow India to help us out with China.

China is a real sleeping giant and it's best for us the keep an eye on them.

• 1 decade ago

The US is intensely interested in closer relations with both India and Pakistan, but there are important differences between the two countries right now that have nothing to do with religion. India is a very large, stable democracy with a large and growing economy. Pakistan is still polically unstable, with large areas in control of tribal leaders. The Indian people are much better educated with several excellent universities in their own country and a tradition of attending universities in Europe and the US. In this, they are very similar to the Japanese, who, in a mere 50 years raised themselves from a totally devestated country to one of the largest economies in the world. Pakistan has not yet developed a solution to educating its people and will have to overcome its political fractures and traditional resistence to "western" influences to do so. Finally, it is not certain that China will become expansionistic once its economy has reached a certain size, but it is possible. If that happens, the US will need a strong partner in the area to help resist China's advances; India is the best candidate for that role.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

The way I'm going to phrase it isn't going to sound that nice. But I mean it in as nice as possible way. India is a very modern and fast evolving nation; or at least the west sees it that way. Pakistan is seen as dull and behind. Besides, India is Hindiu and Pakistan is Muslims. The US does not have the best relations with muslim nations right now. We are talking about India because it is "modern and evoloving". I hope I haven't upset you. I've tried to answer this as politcal correct as possible. :)

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yes inda is a bigger economy than pakiathan he is visting pakisthan just to pacify it thats all nothing else but his ole purpose is inda and also it needs india to control china both in econmy and militry becos after coldwar only CHINA is a major thret to usa.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.