I had a boyfriend of 4.5 years.He broke up with me and now he wants to vacation together. Should I go w/him?

I had a boyfriend of 4.5 years. We took a 6 month break after I moved to LA and he stayed back home. We got back together and did the long distance thing for another year and then he broke up with me in June because I wanted to get engaged. He wanted to date a certain woman and left me. 9 months later, he says the... show more I had a boyfriend of 4.5 years. We took a 6 month break after I moved to LA and he stayed back home. We got back together and did the long distance thing for another year and then he broke up with me in June because I wanted to get engaged. He wanted to date a certain woman and left me. 9 months later, he says the women he dated don't have good hearts like me and he really misses me. He says he wants to go on a vacation with me and rekindle a relationship with me. We've both decided we won't have sex unless I have a ring on my finger and we are engaged. The sex was so great before that we don't want it to trap us this time. He seems sincere in wanting to learn who I am and what I am about now. He seems to respect me and where I am in my life. Also, I know he's curious. Can I trust him? Should I let him back into my life? Should I go on vacation with him??