Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Tips for scoring on Buzz Lightyear ride at Disneyland?

I went on the Buzz Lightyear ride at DL and thought my 158K score was pretty good. Then I saw the high scores were around 1.6M. Does anyone know any tips?

I have heard that certain shapes are worth more. Also, I had heard that shooting at Zurg's chest was worth alot. Some things are more obvious like aiming at targets close to you.

• 2 decades ago
    Favorite Answer

I know what you mean. The first time I rode the ride I thought "Wow, I have to be at like the top of the score board with this score..." then I got to the score board and scene what the high scores actually were, "Darn... not even close" ;-)

You are right though, the smaller targets that are harder to get are worth more points. The ones that are further away, or moving are also worth more. Some people find that just spontaneously shooting at the targets is the best way to hit them, others have found concentrating and precisely shooting works better. But you want to try and hit targets that move from side to side, up and down, etc. will give you the most points. Just think that the harder it is to hit the target, the more points you will get.

Also, try to avoid moving your car too much. Moving it from side to side constantly is going to lose you time. But, when you get to the point where there is nothing on your side, whip that baby around to get to the other side. It also helps to have someone that doesn't really care moving the car, so you don't have to. Just always have targets in site and keep shooting at them. Follow your laser light to make sure you are hitting the targets.

Now, the last time I went, a few months ago to Disneyland and a few weeks ago to Disney World, they were still selling the Buzz Lightyear Astro Blaster toy. It comes in a little back pack and you get the laser gun and several targets. Then you clip the targets onto things and you practice your aim so that when you get on the ride you will be ready. I guess you could buy several to get more targets, or just make your own. But if you are serious about increasing your score, you should definately try this, plus it is alot of fun.

Here are a few links you may enjoy:

http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneyland/en_US/p...

http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneyland/en_US/c...

http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneyland/en_US/b...

Hope this helps.

Good luck Cadet ;-)

Source(s): It's my favorite ride!!!!

Buzz Lightyear Ride

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

I have heard that certain shapes are worth more. Also, I had heard that shooting at Zurg's chest was worth alot. Some things are...

Source(s): tips scoring buzz lightyear ride disneyland: https://shortly.im/Y2qfr
    2 decades ago

That's easy, when at the end you are going threw the vortex and all you see is Zerg, start shooting at him, when I was on that ride( before that part) I had only 10,000 points, but when I got to that part I went up to 89,000! That is a big hint.

2 decades ago

until I read the details, I thought you were asking about how you could score with your girlfriend on the ride. That would be cool.

I have no clue about that stupid ride. Stop thinking about rides and start concentrating on how to score with chicks.

• 2 decades ago

I wish I could play. But the nasty four year old I'm riding with keeps hogging up the blaster.

2 decades ago

Shoot at everything but only the targets