Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

I need christian help?

I have been asked by my pastor if I would consider being the superintendent of our sunday school. I have no idea what the job requires and told him so. He said he would help. I've been praying about it, but need some sound advice.

It don't pay anything, just the reward I'll get in heaven.

Best Answer

I believe this position is the person in charge of all Christian education at your church. You would probably be responsible for supervising the various Sunday School teachers, and recruiting when necessary. It may also include involvement in curriculum.

As you can imagine, this is an important position, and your pastor must consider you a valuable member of the congregation to offer this to you. I have no doubt that God will guide you to make the right decision here.

Don't worry about the pay. Also, praying about it is the right thing to do. Think about:

Are you able to fit this into your schedule without overburdening yourself?

What do you have to offer?

Will this benefit the Sunday School program and bring others to Christ?

Is he asking you for the right reasons (Does he see the potential in you or is he just looking for someone to take the responsibility)?

Will he help you by providing the information and support you need?

I've learned that any time I volunteer or help teach at my church, others really appreciate it and I grow spiritually as much as they do. Keep praying about it.

hi heir!

Superintendent is a term used either for someone that oversees a department, OR it can mean a janitorial or custodial position. you might need to have that clarified.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superintendant

also if you feel you want to do it, make sure you have the time and energy, ie; it might not be good idea if your family feels as though they already dont see you, prioritize your commitments. If you are interested and can think of nothing holding you back then it may be a blessing.

Good Luck Brother.

If you feel in you heart a desire to do it, then go for it.

Remember God doesn't call the qualified, he qualifies the called. If you want to do it, work with your pastor and others in the ministry. I too have worked in children's ministry and taught Sunday school. The experience is awesome. You will grow in the Lord yourself and bless and minister to others. It is a great reward in of itself.

Much luck!

First, if you think that working your way to heaven is a correct doctrine, you are going to the WRONG church. Quit that church and find one that teaches the Bible properly and you will have solved both problems. If you haven't accepted Christ into your heart for the remission of sins, do it now and heaven will be assured. This is more important.

http://www.calvarychapel.org/?show=TheGospel

Source(s): 2 Timothy 1:9 Jesus has saved us and called us with a holy calling, not according to our works, but according to His own purpose and grace which was given to us in Christ Jesus before time began Ephesians 2:4-9 But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), and raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, that in the ages to come He might show the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward us in Christ Jesus. For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.
  • NOVA

We all have a calling and special gifts God gives us!

I work with the babies at my church and it is so rewarding to me at first i thought why me lord. Then it came to me if God wanted someone else to do it he would have put them in the position but now i know he wants me there for a reason i get to talk to alot of parents about God and i feel i have grown by just working there so i know he will speak to you and let you know if its right for you or not!! God bless you and be much in prayer about it he will work it out!!

Does anyone know what to do when they take a new job? You just jump and learn as you go. Success is usually based on preparedness meeting opportunity. However you might be surprised though what you can do if you plunge into it. You might do better than expected.

Its important to pray as well as doing a little digging. If you know who the previous person is who held that job talk to them. (i know it sounds weird at your age but...) Possibly go to another parishes sunday school to see what you will be undertakeing. At my parish our sunday school is huge you also need to think about how many kids are going to be in your controll.

• that is the greatest reward

i would ask a local school superintendent about job responsibilities

• lyon

they are no longer Jews using fact Jew's have not got self belief the messiah has come yet. they have not got self belief Jesus so believing in Jesus and asserting your Jewish for sure contradicts one yet another.... this is unhappy that there are those Evangelist Christians that decision themselves "Jews". end this custom now, your disgracing the two Judaism and Christianity.