Light Bulb that will help plants grow?

Hello,

I have to design a light bulb for a project. The light bulb needs to be a source of light that will help plants grow. The light bulb should fit in a regualr light bulb fixture. The main purpose of this light bulb is to be used during winters indoor to help grow plants. The bulb must waste the least possible amount of energy.

How would you design it?

What kind of light would the light bulb emit?

How will you prevent wasting electricity?

ALL answers are greatly apprectiated.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

I guess u need a UV light

• 1 decade ago

Plants like certain wavelengths of light. This is apparent from those special plant florescent lights that emit a somewhat purple color. If you can find out those wavelengths, maybe you can find a transparent material of the same color. Use a white florescent bulb (energy saving) and put the transparent material between the light and the plant.

If you can use sunlight, use the sunlight during the day and the light at night or dark days to maximize light and save energy.

• Nancy
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Fluorescent lights are a good way to provide a natural light spectrum in your garden while cutting down on waste heat produced by light bulbs. Fluorescent lights are preferred for starting seeds and delicate seedlings. Increase your garden's productivity with fluorescent lights and fixtures from reputed names like Agrosun, Green Thumb, and Hydrofarm. and now many options and mediums available so that you can purchase florescent light bulb online.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Your bulb may be something like a combination between a Metal Halide Bulb, and High Pressure Sodium Bulb. (both currently satisfy indoor growers)

Provided that your bulb emits blue and red spectrums of light, it will facilitate excellent growth. Other environmental conditions will also determine your level of success.

Source(s): Indoor grower.
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

A UVB bulb is a full spectrum light that contains everything the sun does, except for the extreme heat. I'd check for full spectrum bulb if anything.

• 1 decade ago

well plants do need light to survive

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.