is it still ok to drink whiskey i have kept in an unopened bottle for 8 years?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

Should be fine as long as it's been stored appropriately. Although not as sensitive as wine, it can still be altered by extreme temperature changes. Also, please note that it will not keep "aging" when it's in the bottle. That's only when it's in the cask. Enjoy!

• 1 decade ago

Absolutely NOT!

Whiskey can become extremely toxic if left unopened for years. I happen to be an expert in hazardous liquor disposal. For your own safety, I recommend packing the bottle carefully with tissue paper and packing penauts to prevent breakage and send it directly to me where I will arrange for a safe and environmentally friendly disposal.

• 1 decade ago

YES, my husband received a bottle for his highschool graduation that has never been opened. Sealed for 16 years, he plans to break it open for the 20 year reunion!

• Pontac
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Yes

Whiskey remains good indefinitely in a sealed container.

It doesn't get any better, it doesn't mature, it doesn't get worse, it stays just the same as it did when bottled.

It is as good to drink now as it ever has been, and will continue to be so for as long as you want to keep it.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • HorB
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Yes, whiskey improves with age.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yes.... and it will be fine to drink in 50 yrs too.

• 1 decade ago

Hell yeah, and invite us over when you do....it'll be parteeeey time!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.