How do you pull equity out of your home with taking a how equity loan out?

First of all how do you build equity in a home? How do you report the equity to your lender? And lastly how to you pull the equity that you’ve built up out of the home with out taking a home equity loan out? Thank you in advance for any help that you can give me.

• Best Answer

To build equity in your home you must either pay down the mortgage or have the market value go up. Your lender will decide if you have equity in your home. They decide how much your home is worth then they deduct how much you owe the difference is the amount of equity that you have.

Lastly, I hate to tell you, their are only three ways to get equity out of a home.

1) Get an equity line of credit.

2) Refinance, and pull some money out.

3) Sell the property.

Source(s): I have been a real estate agent for several years.

You increase your equity every time you make a payment (assuming the property value doesn’t decrease) that's the portion that goes to principal. You can increase your equity faster with a 15 year vice 30 year mortgage. Your equity also increases as the homes value increases. A lender will need an appraisal to find your home's current value. I have seen that appraisal fudged to make the deal work out. Either way you assume more debt to get at that money (equity).