Deriphyllin what is the use of the medicine and adverse effect?

Follow
  • Follow publicly
  • Follow privately
  • Unfollow
Best Answer
DERIPHYLLIN

CATEGORY: ASTHMA

ASTA MEDICA

COMPOSITION :
DERIPHYLLIN TABLETS
Each uncoated tablet contains :
Etofylline I.P. 77.0mg
Theophylline I.P. anhydrous equivalent to
Theophylline I.P. hydrated 23 mg

DERIPHYLLIN AMPOULES
Each ampoule of 2 ml contains :
Etofylline I.P. 169.40 mg
Theophylline I.P. hydrated 50.60 mg

DERIPHYLLIN SYRUP
Each 5 ml contains :
Etofylline I.P. 46.5 mg
Theophylline I.P. hydrated 14.0 mg

DERIPHYLLIN RETARD 150
Each sustained release tablet contains :
Etofylline I.P. 115.0 mg
Theophylline I.P. hydrated 35.0 mg

DERIPHYLLIN RETARD 300
Etofylline I.P. 231 mg
Theophylline I.P. hydrated 69 mg

DERIPHYLLIN RETARD 450
Etofylline I.P. 346 mg
Theophylline I.P. hydrated 104 mg

INDICATIONS :
For the prophylaxis and relief of reversible bronchospasm associated with asthma (acute and chronic), bronchitis including chronic bronchitis, emphysema and other obstructive airway diseases where reversible airway narrowing occurs. Deriphyllin Retard 450 is suitable for heavy smokers and for those patients who are not stabilized on Deriphyllin Retard 300 and are not exhibiting any side effects.

AVAILABILITY :
TABLETS
Box of 200 tablets.
Bottle of 250 tablets
AMPOULES Box of 50
DERIPHYLLIN SYRUP
Bottle of 100 ml
DERIPHYLLIN RETARD 150
Box of 100 in blister packs of 10
DERIPHYLLIN RETARD 300
Box of 100 in blister packs of 10
DERIPHYLLIN RETARD 450
Box of 100 in blister packs of 10

Generic Name : Theophylline

Pronunciation : (the off i lin)

Trade Name(s) : Broncordil,Broncordil - XL,Deriphyllin,Duralyn-R,Lyngfyl-SR,Phyl... T. R. Phyllin,Theo PA,Theo S R,Theobid200/300,Theoday,Theoped,THP-1, Unicontin,

Why it is prescribed: Theophylline, a bronchodilator, relaxes and opens the air passages to the lungs, making it easier to breathe. It relieves shortness of breath, wheezing, and troubled breathing caused by asthma, bronchitis, and emphysema. It also suppresses asthma caused by exercise.

When it is to be taken: Theophylline usually is taken every 6, 8 ,12, or 24 hours. Follow the instructions on your prescription label carefully, and ask your doctor to explain any part that you do not understand. Theophylline must be taken regularly to be effective. You may need to take it for a long time. Do not stop taking it without consulting your doctor; stopping the drug can make your condition worse.

How it should be taken:
1. Theophylline comes in regular capsules and tablets, long-acting capsules and tablets, and oral liquid.
2. Your prescription label tells you to how much to take at each dose. Take this medication with a full glass of water on an empty stoma

Special Instruction :
1. Take theophylline exactly as your doctor has instructed. It can be harmful if you take more of it or take it more often than as directed.
2. Keep all appointments with your doctor. Your doctor will want to evaluate your response to theophylline, especially during the first few weeks that you take it. If you condition dose not improve of it is worsens, contact your doctor.
3. Special dietary instructions should be followed. Drinking coffee, tea, and colas and smoking cigarettes can affect the action of theophylline.
4. Tell your doctor if you change your use of these substances; your theophylline dose may need to be adjusted.
5. If you forget to take a dose, take the missed dose as soon as you remember it and take any remaining doses for that day at evenly spaced intervals. Do not take a double dose to make up for a missed dose. If you become severely short of breath, contact your doctor.

Side Effects :
1. Nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, abdominal, cramps, loss of appetite. Take the medication with or immediately after meals or with an antacid or a full glass of liquid. If these problems persist, contact your doctor.
2. Headache, irritability, restlessness, nervousness, dizziness, frequent urination, twitching fingers and hands. If these effects are severe or persist, contact your doctor; your dose may need to be adjusted.
3. Overdose: unusual behavior, palpitations, irregular heartbeat, slight fever, fast breathing, sweating, extreme thirst, ringing ears, muscle twitching, frequent vomiting, seizures. Contact your doctor immediately.
4. Skin rash. Contact your doctor immediately.

Other Precautions :
1. Before taking theophylline, tell your doctor what prescription and nonprescription drugs you are taking, especially allopurinol, cimetidine, erhtyromycin, lithium, propranolol, allergies, or asthma.
2. Many nonprescription medications for relief of asthma or breathing problems contain theophylline.
3. Taking prescription theophylline with these over-the-counter drugs can cause nervousness, insomnia, nausea and vomiting, or overdose.
4. To avoid taking these drugs together without realizing it, carefully check the labels of your nonprescription medications to be sure that they do not contain theophylline.
5. Do not nonprescription cold, allergy, or asthma medications containing ephedrine, epinephrine, phenylephrine, phyenylpropanolamine, or pseudoephedrine without consulting your doctor; these drugs can increase the side effects of theophylline.
6. Before taking theophylline, tell your doctor if you are pregnant or breast-feeding or if you have glaucoma, ulcers, an overactive thyroid gland, diabetes, high blood pressure, or kidney, liver, heart or blood vessel disease.
7. Do not allow anyone else to take this medication.

Storage Conditions :
1. Keep this medication in the container it came in, tightly closed, and out the reach of children.
2. Store it at room temperature and away from excess moisture.

Source:

• 4
  • Comment
Sign In 

to add your answer

No other answers

Who is following this question?

%
    BEST ANSWERS
    Member Since:
    Points: Points: Level
    Total Answers:
    Points this week:
    Follow

Unfollow

Block

Unblock