I am looking for the words to an old rock song. I think the title is You are a Child of the Universe. 70's

Favorite Answer

Child of the Universe

by: Craig Cassils

The sun is only a star

Around that star we spin

But there are many other stars

Where do we fit in?

I am only a grain of sand

Tossed by water and wind

But there are many grains of sand

Where do I fit in?

Child of the universe

Let your spirit fly

You are the special one

And here's there reason why

You're a Child of the Universe

So climb your mountains high

You are the chosen one

To try and touch the sky

Tell me, what can I aim for

In a world that's quickly changing

Tell me what my purpose is

Where do I fit in?

Shall I follow a dream?

Or are dreams made just for children?

Well all of us are children now

That's where I fit in

Child of the universe

Let your spirit fly

You are the special one

And here's the reason why

You're a child of the universe

So climb your mountains high

You are the chosen one

To try and touch the sky

Sorry, that's all I remember!

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Source(s): words rock song title child universe 70 39 s: https://tr.im/tnIsg
  • Erika

Child Of The Universe Lyrics

Man Sawmill Rocks On Questions About Music, He Know His Music, That's For Sure.

I think I remember a group that did a jazz piece based on Zarathustra that included Desiderata as lyrics. The group may have been Dia Dado and The Tower of Power. Hope it's what you're looking for.

You might also be thinking of "Desiderata" by Les Crane. It's a spoken word inspirational piece, written by Max Ehrmann in 1927, with a musical background. The piece is as follows...

Go placidly amid the noise and haste and remember what peace there may be in silence. As far as possible without surrender be on good terms with all persons. Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others; even the dull and ignorant; they too have their story.

Avoid loud and aggressive persons, they are vexatious to the spirit. If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain and bitter; for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself. Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans.

Keep interested in oyur own career however humble; it is a real posession in the changing fortunes of time. Exercise caution in your business affairs; for the world is full of trickery. But let this not blind you to what virtue there is; many persons strive for high ideals; and everywhere life is full of heroism

Be yourself. Espacially, do not feign affection. Neither be cynical about love; for in the face of all aridity and disenchantment it is perennial as the grass.

Take kindly the counsel of the years, gracefully surrendering the things of youth. Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune. But do not distress yourself with imaginings. Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness. Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself.

You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be, and whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life keep peace with your soul

With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be cheerful. Strive to be happy.

I can't find the song but try www.azlyrics.com or www.lyrics.com you might be able to find it their

i dont really know but there is a place where i found lyrics to a bunch of songs its called www.lyrics.com. i hope it helps.

Source(s): www.lyrics.com