Dino
Dino asked in Food & DrinkEntertaining · 1 decade ago

What is a good side dish for lasagna?

I will be entertaining my manager and her husband so I want this to be great (but easy!) Also dessert suggestions would be great too!

• cblrdy
    Favorite Answer

Lasagna really doesn't need a side dish. Just Garlic bread. Red wine at room temp. and something light and simple for dessert, like vanilla ice cream.

Good question. Lasagna is a toughie in that sense.

Lasagna is customarily served with green salad, because it's a heavy dish that requires something light with it.

Since it's an Italian dish, it's common to serve lasagna with an Italian dessert. I, however, usually favor something easy, because the lasagna itself is hard work. I serve a tall glass with 2 scoops of vanilla ice-cream with a shot of kahlua (coffee liquor) and a good-quality waffle roll on top (a mint leave is also a good idea, as is a sprinkle of chocolate flakes). Looks amazing and the good thing is it can't go wrong. If you have the components ready, it takes a second to prepare each glass.

Good luck and have a good time!

These are the side dishes I have eaten with Lasagna on different occassions.

corn

green beans

salad with all kinds of ingrediants

asparagus

garlic bread

served with tea, wine

Dessert: tiramasu

chocolate covered strawberries

cheesecake

shortbread cookie and coffee. I have never had icecream for dessert w/lasagna but hey it's your own idea.

Slice some zuchinni, and squash. Add some red onion and mushrooms, toss with olive oil and some Italian seasoning and throw them in the oven while you lasagna bakes. After you take the lasagna out, kick on the broiler for just a few minutes to crisp them up. Add a small simple salad, and garlic bread and you are set.

• Christine5 years agoReport

rubberducky75, I am very interested in making this as a side dish for our family get together for Easter. My sister-in-law is making the lasagna. How would I prepare this independently from the lasagna. Sorry, I am not a seasoned cook so specific directions would be greatly appreciated ;)

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

What is a good side dish for lasagna?

Source(s): good side dish lasagna: https://shortly.im/2zN51

Salad and some garlic bread are always an easy, great choice. Some other sort of veggie, such as roasted asparagus or corn or something. A cool dessert, is to take strawberries, cut a chunk of the bottom of each so they will sit up right. cut the stem off, and then use a melon baller to make a little divot out of the top. Then arrange them on a cookie sheet and put little chunks of dark chocolate in them and then put them in the oven until the chocolate is melted. Yum!

Good Side Dish

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/axS57

Italian sausages fried with chopped red and green bell peppers and onions. Plus and big crusty loaf of garlic bread. Or you could make Braciole: 1 pound round steak sliced very thin 1 cup chopped mushrooms 12 cups bread crumbs 1/4 pound Parmesan cheese, grated 1/4 cup fresh basil (or to taste) 1 1/2 cup canned tomatoes 3/4 cup tomato paste Directions: place steak between 2 pieces of waxed paper and pound thin. Sprinkle with bread crumbs, mushrooms, grated cheese, basil, rolled and secured with toothpicks. Brown the braciole . It is then put in a pot with canned tomatoes and tomato paste. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer, turning the braciole occasionally, until the beef is tender when pierced with a knife, about 2 hours. Check from time to time to see if the sauce is becoming too dry; add a little water if needed.

Garlic bread is a good idea. A simple Caesar Salad with Cardini's dressing would be a nice intro. Or even some Italian wedding soup, if even from a few cans of Progresso! For dessert? No one can say no to pastries, even Italian pastries. It would be good to balance the savory lasagne with something sweet afterward. If not garlic bread, you could also go with torn bread to be dipped in warmed olive oil seasoned with basil, oregano, &cetera, and you could finish the meal with some good brewed coffee or tea and some biscotti (I like chocolate-dipped biscotti).

if you make a veggie/spinach lasagna, you might be able to get by with serving a either a flaky or crispy breaded fish patty. and for the dessert why not try strawberry cheese cake, But have some cookies nicely laid out. incase someone has allergy to strawberries.

Here's something a little different, try serving the lasagna with home cut chips (must be Maris piper potatoes) with some garden peas on the side of the plate.