Fully automic 12 gauge shotgun/machinegun?

Did the military produce a prototype fully automatic 12 gauge shotgun machine gun that fired 400-450 rounds per minute.Each 12 gauge round containing 12 flechetes (flechettes?) i.e. razor darts

Favorite Answer

I'm not sure there is any that exist, as far as what a person could carry.

The USAS-12 and MK3A1 Jackhammer are the best known autos. MK3A1 fires 240 rpm, which also the drum magazine can be removed and affixed to a detonator to be used as an anti personnel mine.

Then there's the AA12 which has a rpm of 300.

I'm no expert but I honestly don't think you'll find a 12 gauge that can fire that fast without ripping your shoulder off/extreme barrel rise. And since shotguns fire shot/fletchettes/whatever and useless at long range, I don't see any viable reason why they would make a shotgun that a person couldn't ideally use.

I am sure it did. Judging from the racket coming out of Ft. Knox it must be a great toy to play soldier with.