what is a good first date?

Favorite Answer

For a FIRST DATE ... coffee or tea or something where you two can talk and find out if this relationship is worth persuing. If you go to a restaurant, you BOTH have to wait for the check. If you do something very casual and things aren't working out, either one of you can call it "quits" at any time. Don't torture yourself with a bad time and don't torture her with a bad time. There is always plenty more to do on the second, third and fourth dates. Keep it light, keep it simple and most of all ... KEEP IT INTERESTING!!! Good Luck and may you find the Person of Your Dreams.

Best advise I ever got.

One the first date, go some where you are comfortable. You play baseball? Go to a batting cage. That way you have things to talk about. Next date, go where the other person likes. By the 3rd date, you knew each other and can go wherever.

Always public, never alcohol involved.

Source(s): iVillage

Lots of answers to that. But really, a good first date is one that meets the following requirements:

1) It's in public for at least part of the time.

2) Doesn't require that you MUST stay quiet (or for that matter, noisy) the entire time.

3) Involves some kind of activity or occupation you both enjoy, or at least that the inviter thinks the invitee will enjoy.

The classic is of course dinner and a movie. But, for instance, I don't like going out for movies. It's nice when the inviter has gotten to know me sufficiently to know what I might like to do before he asks me out on a date.

Try and figure out something you both like to do before asking, by talking to your date prospect. Alternately, you could ask her/him what s/he'd like to do.

Go to, like, a haunted house, then save your girlfriend-to-be from a ghost. Tell your friend to dress up as a ghost or monster of something. Then your girlfriend will think you're a hero. That's what I did on my first date, and, sad to say, I died and my girlfriend-to-be ran out the front door screaming. But that's life.

What ever you truely like to do. This way, you'll start the relationship off honestly, and if you're a match, you'll see each other again.

If not, hey, you've still had a good time doing what you've enjoyed.

A mutual, setting that entails no pressure and must be public and should not have alcohol involved. Someplace not too noisey that allows conversation and yet some pivacy.

Depends on the girl. What are her likes and dislikes. If she likes dancing and music, take her to a club. If she like fine dining then take her to a restaurant. If shes a movie buff like me, then take her to a nice romantic movie if one is playing in your local theaters.

Source(s): Personal Experience.

gettin bush

it is when you enjoy your conversation. pretty wholesome.