are vaccinations for newborns dangerous?

I think that the diseases they help to avoid are more dangerous, so I chose to vaccinate my baby: she already had two vaccinations and no problems. But I keep arguing with people who state that vaccinations are unuseful and dangerous... What do you think?

Favorite Answer

You can argue from a statistical point of view or from a social point of view and you will come out ahead. Statistically, you are less likely to get a side effect from the vaccine than you are to get complications if you should get the actual disease, so statistically, vaccines are better.

Socially speaking, if you choose not to get the vaccine, you may get the illness and expose others to this illness making them ill (not as ill if they didn't get the vaccine) but nevertheless, you will be a carrier of that illness, so it is wise to get vaccinations. Hope this helps. Please look at a reputable website like http://www.NIH.GOV

for information to support this.

This issues out there about autism and the like may be true in isolation, but those of us who are taking care of MANY children in the health professions know that vaccines benefits outweigh any particular harmful effects.

My son had these shots as a newborn (well 3 shots over 6 months) nearly 25 years ago. His father had thoughtfully contracted Hep B by using drugs I.V. which I didn't realise until his colour matched Homer Simpson's. This was before the Simpson's, I was young and naive and just didn't know. The vaccination was brand new then and I felt grateful to be offered something to protect my son. In the UK this shot isn't mandatory. In light of this, you can only weigh up the risks. My son was fine, apart from a hot, sore arm the first time and less but still uncomfortable spots in his thigh for the next two. (I pointed out that arms are smaller than thighs, and my GP agreed.) At the time my doctor was quite honest with me saying he knew nothing about the vaccination or the risks involved. That was a long time ago now and I don't know of any serious concerns that have been raised since and non at all connected with autism, not for the Hep B vaccination. Millions and millions of people have had it worldwide, and at all ages. If there were significant risks they would have shown themselves by now. Still, it's your baby and only you can make that decision. Congratulations and all the best.

How do vaccines work?

Vaccines are oral or injected preparations made up of dead or weakened disease organisms (bacteria or viruses). When living disease organisms enter a person's system, the body fights infection by producing antibodies which attack and kill the organisms. In a similar fashion, vaccines stimulate the production of antibodies, but without causing the serious symptoms which occur during infection with living disease organisms. The result is that the body develops immunity to that particular disease, and is protected for several months or for a lifetime, depending on the vaccine.

Some vaccines induce prolonged or even lifelong immunity to certain diseases, and can be given just once. But others, such as pertussis or diphtheria, only induce a temporary immunity. These vaccines require repeat injections (called boosters) in order to maintain protection against such diseases.

Are vaccines safe?

Generally, vaccines are safe and very effective. The benefits of immunization far outweigh any risks. Typical side-effects may include a mild fever or slight rash, depending on the vaccine. Your child's physician may recommend acetaminophen to treat mild fever. More serious side effects are rare, but if other symptoms develop or fever is high, consult your child's physician.

Keeping an immunization record

It's a good idea to keep a record of immunizations received. Record sheets are often provided by doctors or clinics. They're valuable if your family moves or changes doctors, and are a handy reminder of upcoming vaccines or boosters. They are also proof of your child's protection against certain infectious diseases - proof which you may need to enrol your child in school or to travel overseas.

Your child's immunization record should specify the types of vaccine, and be dated and signed by the doctor each time an immunization is given. The record should be kept at home in a safe, accessible place, and should be taken with the family on trips away from home.

What i know is that vaccination have been linked to autism because of the mercury the manufacturer put in to the vaccine and the number of autistic kids has been rising since the 70's. However many nearly all children do get the vaccinations and turn ok and are fine so it is ok

The link between autism and vaccinations, is that Autism is diagnosed around the same time the final vacinations are being given. Their is no proof the vaccinations cause autism. It is coincidental that autism begins to show symptoms around 18 months. I have don a ton of research on Autism and Autism Spectrum Disorders.

Do research on this, talk to your child's doctor.

Source(s): Personal Research

YES! do not vaccinate any baby, ever! flu vaccines are harmful too! here is a very telling article, expose really, well worth the read:

http://www.whale.to/v/rapp.html

i can also add a number of other sites besides gov't fundd ones, of course the gov't wants you to buy into vaccines, after all they and your pediatrician get payback from the millions of vaxes given every year. and if they were really safe then an institute such as the National Vaccine Injury Compensation Program (NVICP)would have no need for existance now would it?

http://www.909shot.com/Issues/Injury_Compensation....

comin from a 15 year old,do what ever you think is best for your baby, not hers his or any body elese

Source(s): me myself and i