promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
tgg asked in Games & RecreationGambling · 1 decade ago

What does the term "seven come eleven" mean? I've heard it used in some songs and in 'craps' terminology.

Brian Setzer from the "Stray Cats" has a new Christmas Album out. It's a teriffic CD. He uses this term in two songs, and I have heard it used in other songs he's recorded. My searches on the Web don't give a definition, just that it is related to Craps.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I am pretty sure the origin is indeded from Craps just as you found. A come is an even money bet (ie bet $1 and you receive $1 if you win).

In Craps, the only real difference between the Pass Line and the Come Bet is that you make a come bet after the point has been established on the Pass Line. After you make a come bet, the first roll of the dice will establish the Come point. If a 7 or 11 rolls, you are an automatic winner. But, if you roll 2, 3 or 12 on the first roll you lose.

So Seven Come Eleven, means you that any time after the first roll when a shooter has a point to make You win on natural seven or eleven and lose on craps (two, three or twelve). Any number that comes up is a “come point”, and must be thrown before a seven is thrown.

Check out the sources for some explanation of craps rules, if you are interested.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    5 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

What does the term "seven come eleven" mean? I've heard it used in some songs and in 'craps' terminology.

Brian Setzer from the "Stray Cats" has a new Christmas Album out. It's a teriffic CD. He uses this term in two songs, and I have heard it used in other songs he's recorded. My searches on the Web don't give a definition, just that it is related to Craps.

Source(s): term quot eleven quot 39 ve heard songs 39 craps 39 terminology: https://tr.im/TdZci
  • Anonymous
    3 years ago

Craps Terminology

• 1 decade ago

roll a 7 or 11 to win

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 years ago

• 4 years ago

Sports betting systems are sets of events that when combined for a particular game for a particular sport represents a profitable betting scenario

• 4 years ago

Come Eleven Eleven

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.