tag asked in Science & MathematicsPhysics · 1 decade ago

Is the book 'Philosophy of Time Travel' as mentioned in movie 'Donnie Darko' is a real or a fictional one?

I would like to know the truth behind 'Philosophy of Time Travel' that whether this totally a fiction created by the director.

The concept of parallel universe is a real theory in physics which was proposed to clear the ambiguities of time travel. But I want to know the truth of things like tangent universe, artifact, manipulated dead etc.

Favorite Answer

The Philosophy of Time Travel book, as well as its complete contents (tangent universes, etc), is a work of fiction, created by Richard Kelly, who wrote and directed it.

Unless Richard Kelly changed the book's title to the Donnie Darko book, I did not find it on Amazon.com. The book "Philosophy of Time Travel" featured in the movie is supposedly by a Roberta Sparrow. I was not able to find such an author, or a title that is close to this. I believe it is a fictional book made up for the movie.

The Philosophy Of Time Travel

• Robin

26. Prostitutes always look like Julia Roberts or Jamie Lee Curtis. They have expensive clothes and nice apartments but no pimps. They are friendly with the shopkeepers in their neighbourhood who don`t mind at all what the girl does for a living.