Is the Heineken Brewery tour in Amsterdam worthwhile?

Favorite Answer

I've been there three times now, and would still recommend it. Last time I was there (few years ago) the price was very reasonable, you got a nice tour of the plant, how beer is made, the tanks, the horses they used to use for transport etc.

I particularly liked the heineken shop as you'll find lots of heineken things you can't find.

Lastly, the best part is the the last room (the bar), the best part is meeting people from all over the world visiting the heineken brewery. It's particularly fun if it's someones birthday (or say it is)...as they'll have to chug a huge pint.

Best tip: Ensure you are amongst the first in the tour to hit the room at the end, if you arrive a bit early for the next tour you will arrive first in the bar. They'll wait for the whole tour group to fill up the room.. last time we had the first table, and I think we ended up having 7 pints each and enjoying the folks on the table for a good 30 min.

Source(s): Personal experience: Been there several times.
  • fralin

Heineken Brewery Tour

• K

I was there in 2002, so it may be different now, but back then it was only worthwhile if you can drink some Heineken beer quickly. It includes 3 free pints of beer along the way, other than that, it's pretty much just like any other brewery.