How many websites are on the internet?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

more than 8,070,000,000

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

This is not a terribly meaningful question--do you mean web servers (and if so, do virtual hosts count as one or many?), domains (if so, do parked ones and duplicates/redirects count?), or web pages (note that every search-result page is dynamically generated, so arguably there are uncountably many of those)? Does "Internet" imply only publicly accessible pages (if so, does password-protected and/or sign-in-only count?) or also intranet sites/pages that are connected to the Internet but not accessible from "outside"?

Have a look at the Netcraft Web Server Survey and its linked pages for further info: http://news.netcraft.com/archives/web_server_surve...

• 1 decade ago

I think we are missing the concept of topic here?

If you can choose a topic or word a search engine will give you the best websites for that word or topic.

Try google.com or yahoo.com

Usually 60% of savvy websurfers start from a search engine and usually the home page will be google.com or yahoo.com.

Source(s): www.google.com,www.yahoo.com
  • 1 decade ago

I only visit 10 or so everyday: google search, my yahoo (for yahoo finance), gmail, 3 news sites, and 4 forum sites.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Almost all of them.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.