Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 1 decade ago

Is it safe to take 1000 mgs of Extra Strength Tylenol when you are pregnant?

Okay, so I've had really bad headaches for about 3 weeks or so and I'm 15 weeks pregnant. I've been taking 1000 mg's of extra strength tylenol (500 mgs each pill)....When I consulted my dr about my nausea last week I did ask them about tylenol, and she said 500 mg's is the max for each dose...I told her that I've been taking 1000 mgs each dose not realizing at the time that I had grabbed extra strength, and she said that's fine. Then I read on a website that extra strength tylenol is not safe....So I'm just wondering if anyone took 1000 mgs of extra strength tylenol while they were pregnant and had a healthy baby....

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

It's fine. It's just fine. I took 3 extra strength tylenol at a time when I first found out I was pregnant with my son. My dr had ok'd that. My son is now 9 months old,and as healthy as they come. Was totally healthy at birth. Don't take what some website says over what your dr tells you. It's just fine to take extra strength tylenol. The only thing the dr told me was to not exceed the 8 in a 24 hour period of time,but it was ok to take 3 at one time twice in a day and then just take two if the headache continued. They had to put me on meds for migraines as I got farther along.

Source(s): experience and a happy healthy little boy.
  • 1 decade ago

Thats what I took, If i remember correctly, but if your doctor says only 500 mg you should listen. Good luck!

• My doctor told me if you have to take anything Tylenol is the only thing to take. So listen to your doctor, they would never tell you to do something unsafe.

• 1 decade ago

i think 500 in enough, my dr said extra strength is okay but its best not to over do it.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • just take one pill every 2 hours

Source(s): 21 weeks pregnant
  • 1 decade ago

It's fine...I wouldn't take though unless I really really needed it.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.