What type of plastic is an alarm clock made from?

It's just a simple bed side alarm clock. It doesn't have to be the exact plastic. Just a plastic it could possibly be made from. I know the alarm clock has been made using injection moulding so the plastic must be able to be used for this type of form.

Need to know for technology. We had to disassemble something and then explain what each part was made from and why it was made from it.

Favorite Answer

There is no set material that alarm clocks must be made of. Different parts may actually be made of different compounds (polymers, plastics). But, here are the most likely candidates in order of likeliness (in my opinion).

Polystyrene - hard but slightly pliable, very low cost

Polypropylene - more pliable than styrene and cheaper (may be cheapest)

Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC) more pliable than propylene but not as cheap

Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene (ABS) - very rigid, not really pliable, expensive

Hope this helps.

Source(s): 15 years experience with medical cables. (Blood pressure monitoring, ECG, power)

Alarm Clock Types

Just any type of plastic👲

PP or ABS. I am professional in building plastic injection mould in China.You can log on our company web:www.zy-mould.com. Please contact with me. I will help you. My contact ways: Email: hongql456@hotmail.com or mould@zy-mould.com Tel:0086-13616767510

look it up on the brands site. why must you kno this?