What is the best way to promote my web shop on the net?

I just started a web shop,but I want to get more exposure for it.

I checked several companies,but the prices are very high,and I need my budget for other investments.

What can I do to promote it and get more customers without spending a big budget?

Favorite Answer

Here are a few tips for increasing traffic to your web site:

1. Include your website address on everything –

Business cards, brochures, email signatures, company signage, advertisements, mailers, on your voicemail and company greeting.

2. Optimize your website for search engines

Ensure your website appropriately uses page titles, tags, headers and is keyword rich. Register your site with search engines like Google.com, Yahoo.com and MSN.com.

3. Buy qualified leads

Determine which magazines your customers read and purchase lead lists from them, then send mailers and/or emails to these leads and mention how your company’s products and services will benefit the lead and encourage them to click on a link to your website to learn more.

4. Blog and Answer questions

Find blogs that discuss your services and products and contribute to the discussions, subtly mentioning the company you work for while providing a link to your website. Answer questions related to your services and products on sites like Yahoo! Answers and Wiki Answers – again subtly mentioning the company you are with and providing a link to your website.

5. Purchase sponsored advertising

Those search results in gray at the top of each Google page didn’t end up there by accident – those companies paid to be there. Studies show that being one of the first few search results yields significant traffic to your website – depending on the keywords you purchase – this can also be quite affordable.

One of the best way to promote your web shop for free is to use twitter. You need to discover ways to get targeted followers. You need to find a hungry market wherein you will gain lots of leads. More leads means more chances of sale. :)

exchange links on different websites post your special offers in forums offers affiliates or reseller programs. btw, if you had posted your website here many peoples would be visiting your website aswell and if your offer attracts them than may be they sign up for that.

What's your website's URL so we can review your SEO metatags and offer some suggestions for improving them?