Curious if loss of a firearms permit in MA is permanent?

A person I know made a "hollow" threat at his job (as a security guard) about having a gun and shooting someone @ his job. Needless to say, he's lost his job and his firearms permit was taken away. I am glad for that, as I always through him to be a loose cannon, and fooling about guns/shooting someone is no joke.

Anyway, he's now in the process of suing to get his job back, and his gun license.

Does anyone know if a person who loses a firearms permit in the state of MA is eligible to get it back?

Favorite Answer

If MA issues its' permit through the local Sheriff's Office...I suppose the man could move to another county where they don't know his background and re-apply for another license.

Source(s): PO

Unless things have changed since I had mine. The local police department issue, and renew them, so my guess would be that it will NOT get renewed it is up to the local authorities, not the court.