Curious if loss of a firearms permit in MA is permanent?

A person I know made a "hollow" threat at his job (as a security guard) about having a gun and shooting someone @ his job. Needless to say, he's lost his job and his firearms permit was taken away. I am glad for that, as I always through him to be a loose cannon, and fooling about guns/shooting... show more A person I know made a "hollow" threat at his job (as a security guard) about having a gun and shooting someone @ his job. Needless to say, he's lost his job and his firearms permit was taken away. I am glad for that, as I always through him to be a loose cannon, and fooling about guns/shooting someone is no joke.

Anyway, he's now in the process of suing to get his job back, and his gun license.

Does anyone know if a person who loses a firearms permit in the state of MA is eligible to get it back?