Why do my Mulberry silk bed sheets feel like nothing more than nylon?

I recently purchased some higher end bed sheets make from 100% Mulberry silk. When i got them, they felt like nothing more than nylon. It felt very synthetic. So i contacted the seller and they told me to wash them. So i did. They feel slightly better, but still very nylon like. I washed them all by hand with special silk cleaner and air dried, and even ironed them on the irons silk settings.

Why do my expensive silk sheets feel like nothing special? like they are nylon or something? They are supposed to feel soft and smooth, but instead they feel slippery and synthetic. I paid $330 for these to get a good night sleep. Now i stay awake because i feel like i waisted a ton of money on nothing special.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Best Answer

Guess you just weren't impressed. I think its definitely a waste too.

• 8 years ago

If you still feel it is nylon, you can test it first. If it’s really not a silk sheet, you can ask for return. I've used silk bedding for years. And recently I bought two silk pillowcases on www.ellesilk.com. they’re also 100% silk pillowcases and they are just like they sound...silk pillowcases. Soft and, well, silky! I bought two so that I could have a clean one on hand at all times. So just recommend this site to you.

• Donna
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Wouldn't they be kind of static-y? I've never had silk or satin bed sheets, so I don't really have an opinion on them.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Try just washing them on a gentle cycle w/ fabric softener. Sheets usually get softer w/ each wash

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • sandie
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

i had silk and it felt wonderful. wet silk smells a little fishy. also nylon burns differently. take a tread and test it if you suspect bait and switch.

• A B2
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

after the first wash.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.