Genetic mental illness and having children?

How many of you with disorders or mental illnesses that run in the family have children? Did you consider the possible effects before you decided to have a family of your own? How do you handle your choices? Do your children have the same problems? And for those that don't have children, will you? Why or why... show more How many of you with disorders or mental illnesses that run in the family have children? Did you consider the possible effects before you decided to have a family of your own? How do you handle your choices? Do your children have the same problems?

And for those that don't have children, will you? Why or why not?

I have moderately severe Tourette's comorbid with OCD, depression and anxiety. I'm also being checked out for fibromyalgia. There are a lot of drug and alcohol problems in my family (although I have neither) and possibly a few bipolar cases. I would say 3/4 of my family is affected by at least one of the above conditions. I'm in my late 20s and my longterm boyfriend really wants children in the future (so do I) but I feel very unsure about it due to the fact that most of the problems are genetic in nature. Tourette's for example has a 50% chance of being passed on to children. I just want to hear opinions :)
Update: If it helps to know, I live in Norway which has free medical care for kids, and very low cost for adults. The mental health system is quite good. I'm originally from the US and didn't get help until I was in my 20s, but I've improved a lot since moving to Scandinavia 8 years ago. My family in the US, on... show more If it helps to know, I live in Norway which has free medical care for kids, and very low cost for adults. The mental health system is quite good. I'm originally from the US and didn't get help until I was in my 20s, but I've improved a lot since moving to Scandinavia 8 years ago. My family in the US, on the other hand, generally isn't getting medical care for their problems.
Update 2: Also, do you think it's fair to even adopt children with the above conditions? The Tourette's is the biggest problem (and the others are a result of it), but even an adopted child would be in the same environment as me. My boyfriend is very stable with no medical problems, and as long as I'm an ocean... show more Also, do you think it's fair to even adopt children with the above conditions? The Tourette's is the biggest problem (and the others are a result of it), but even an adopted child would be in the same environment as me. My boyfriend is very stable with no medical problems, and as long as I'm an ocean away from my family, I'm okay too. But I worry about the consequences of exposing kids to weird tics, compulsions and anxiety problems.