promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetProgramming & Design · 9 years ago

How to create a website?

How do you go about creating a website? A business website that would allow ads to be posted on the site? I have no clue how to do this so any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

There are websites like w3schools.com that will try to teach you how to build a website, but this can take months or even years and there are faster ways to start.

You basically have two options.

1. Hire a web developer or development firm. If you're looking to have someone else manage the creation/maintenance of your website, a local company will likely be the easiest to work with. Of course this is the more expensive option.

2. Do it yourself. This will cut down on development cost, but I still don't recommend that you build your website from scratch.

The first thing you need is a domain name and web hosting service. Companies like Hostmonster and GoDaddy offer a one stop shop. GoDaddy is popular and a little bit cheaper, but I highly recommend Hostmonster. I can't stress that enough. They're website is much more straight forward and the tools they offer will make setting up your site a breeze. http://www.hostmonster.com/

Once you have a domain name registered and a place to host your site, I recommend setting up Wordpress. Wordpress is a framework that will give you you an "out of the box" website so to speak with the ability to change themes and manage content at will. If you've gone with Hostmonster, it's as simple as selecting Wordpress from the control panel, found under SimpleScripts Installations.

Once you've setup Wordpress you're ready to go. The Wordpress community is extensive and there are many tutorials and plugins that will make managing and customizing your new site easier. http://wordpress.org/

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

dear! Do this

Step 1: Reserve Your Domain Name

You cannot create a website without owning a domain name. It is the address and foundation of any website.

Step 2: Select a Web Hosting Solution

After you've registered your domain name, you need to select a company to host your site so you can create your web pages. Read this article to find out how to choose the option that's best for you.

Step 3: Create Your Web Pages

You can either learn HTML, use an HTML editor or use the free website tools provided by your web hosting company.

use Dreamwaver & w3school

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

I use makeaneasywebsite.com, they have a good website builder that helps you build your own website. They will give you a 10 day free trial and support HTML code being placed on the site. You can then go to google and sign up for there adsense programs where you make money from there ads. Just paste the code on any of your web pages and your all set.

Source(s): www.google.com
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

Take a look at MS WebMatrix – it’s a web development tool that includes everything you need for website development. There’s information for open source web applications, built-in web templates or your own code. There is also a list of hosting providers.

Source(s): microsoft.com/web/webmatrix
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Toad
    Lv 6
    9 years ago

Do online searches for HTML and CSS

• I have a simple webpage guide ( http://createwebsite.familyofcare.net/ ) .

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

w3schools.com

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

w3schools.com

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.