What is seller Financing?

I have tried to read a little into this topic in order to buy my inlaws home that I am currently renting....

Would i have to pay their mortgage amount or would i be able to get a different amount being that they want to sell it to me at the price of the first mortgage ( their will be a lien on the house for the second till they pay it off..which will be in 2-3 yrs)

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

The best seller financing is on a house with no current loans. Then there is no confusion about what money needs to be paid where. And most lenders made your inlaws sign a paper promising that they would not do what you are proposing.

If the house price is $100,000, you agree to pay your inlaws $750 a month. They take $600 of that and pay the first mortgage each month. If you don't pay, you are putting them in a difficult position (but you will pay). They take $100 and pay the 2nd mortgage. They get $50 for themselves each month until the 2nd is paid off. Then they start getting $150 a month. Until the 1st mortgage is paid off, then they get $750 a month..

• gadis
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

If a vendor has an present loan or mortgage with a financial institution, the landlord financing will undoubtedly no longer be allowed. Most loan deeds have a "due on sale" clause which makes their mortgage due upon the switch or sale. If the vendor has an present proprietor agreement they're nonetheless paying on & your new proprietor agreement will "wrap" the prevailing, you'll be able to stipulate that each one repayments be made to a agreement assortment company. They will take delivery of your cost, them make the vendor's cost & then ship the vendor what is left over. They additionally make all of the required filings with the IRS. If the vendor does have an present and you're going to be wrapping loans, please acquire a replica of the vendor's present and be certain there isn't a balloon cost due. That is approximately the one chance I see, as long as you utilize a agreement assortment company. Often a win-win for each events. You nonetheless get to deduct the loan curiosity & the vendor handiest has to document sales & what component of fundamental that might be capital attain (if any) every 12 months. Plus you do not have got to arise with another three% for last expenditures for mortgage charges.

• 1 decade ago

you pay the owner and they pay their mortgage company as most are not assumable notes. If it is assumable then you must get approved by the lender to take over the payments

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.