Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleOther - Beauty & Style · 1 decade ago

what exactly is shapewear?!?

I've been hearing about shapewear and am intrigued. I want to know what these are and if they really work

Favorite Answer

Shapewear is a type of lingerie designed to create a smooth silhouette. These usually cover your whole torso and upper legs. These smooth out the bumps and bulges we tend to get when wearing tight clothing. Some even push up or lift your breasts for you to have more "waist area". One of the really usual-looking (but surprisingly effective shapewear items i've tried are the Slim Powernet Braless Body-Shaper with Thong Back Style 1003. Your butt cheeks are exposed and I thought I'd be uncomfortable. But I didn't have pantylines and I look really good and smooth all over.

and they weren't uncomfortable or hot (i wore them on summer undera sun dress)

It squeezes your body (and the organs inside it) to make the outer shape look better. It can cause problems, so if you feel sick while wearing it, take it off and don't put it back on. Corsets and such have been around a very, very long time. Best way to lose weight (I'm assuming that's what you want since you ask about burning calories) is to eat less and exercise more. If you feel hungry, eat healthy low calorie stuff. You can actually develop a taste for celery and carrots. I'd skip the rice cakes personally. Good luck!