I'm in the market for new duvet covers and bed sheets, question about Thread Counts and Egyptian cotton?

My comforter has never had a cover so i'm going to get one and im going to replace my sheets so my question is......does the higher Thread Count make a big difference or not really? and Also, I see some that are Egyptian Cotton and some that are just Cotton, are those 2 a big difference as well? I'm... show more My comforter has never had a cover so i'm going to get one and im going to replace my sheets so my question is......does the higher Thread Count make a big difference or not really?

and Also, I see some that are Egyptian Cotton and some that are just Cotton, are those 2 a big difference as well?

I'm thinking if I should fork the extra $ to get the higher TC because I'm only going to buy this once and I wanna make sure these are good you know?

thank you very much