How do i avoid Spammers on Craigslist(when looking for a job)!?

Im looking for a job on craigslist and i wanna know how to try and avoid spammers, and how will

i tell if its a spammer when i get a email back for a job offer?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Tom K
    Lv 7
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Real companies usually have email accounts that look something like: humanresources@nameofcompany.com. Spammers usually have gmail accounts.

And if it sounds too good to be true, then it is.

• 9 years ago

Scam jobs will be ones that looks like a real opportunity to make some big money. Involve little skill and easily done.

Thats not real life, for most of us.

They require you spending some kind of money to get a program or course, or supplies to do the job.

Most work at home jobs are scams. Taking surveys. Stuffing envelopes or sending out emails.

If it looks too good to be true, it is.

Real jobs will have you come into the company and talk to someone.

You wont get hired online sight unseen.

Tips !

http://www.ehow.com/how_4782022_avoid-job-scams-cr...

• 9 years ago

1 - a real employer has a corporate domain and gives you the company name, address and landline phone number

2 - a real company will ALWAYS interview you in person at their office. Only a scammer will offer you a job without ever meeting you

3 - a real company will NEVER ask you to click on a link for a credit report, background check, skills assessment or IQ test before interviewing you -- this is a common identity theft scam

4 - a real employer will never claim to be out of town/out of the country and ask for your home address for any reason

• 9 years ago

Write that you won't respond to emails; you want them to telephone you. The spammers are in Nigeria so they won't call.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.