Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelAsia PacificJapan · 9 years ago

Kissing a Japanese boy?

I have this friend who I really like (obviously) who's Japanese (obviously) and he's really shy. I know that most Japanese boys are. But I'm pretty sure he likes me because he seems really interested. My friends keep picking on me to make a move and kiss him or something and I've been ignoring them. But recently, I've really considered doing it because I don't see him making the first move.

I was wondering, is it offensive if I just kiss him without warning? I'm afraid he'll be too shy to do it if I tell him before kissing him. I mean, how does their culture work around something like that?

Update:

Ah, and this is NOT about the same Japanese boy that I had asked a question about earlier. Just to say.

Update 2:

Maybe I should've put this in the dating and relationships section instead? Lol, stuff like this is hard to categorize.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Best Answer

Being a "Japanese Boy" myself, I can say that I typically don't find that sort of thing offensive. Honestly, the entire outcome depends on how you present the kiss. Because (I believe) I am aware of the situation, I would just like to say as a general answer "in nearly all cultures, there is truly nothing offensive about giving a kiss to say goodbye". It could surprise him a bit but, you may find yourself regretting it if you don't express your feelings in a way that all people regardless of the language barrier, will understand.

He may be in love with you but, not be entirely sure if you love him. Being newly introduced to various customs, he may believe that your subtle flirting is a natural American tendency. You should explain to him that you love him and if he shows total disinterest, leave him at that but, if he seems genuinely interested (remember, he may show his interest by standing his ground, or getting flustered) kiss him.

Remember, you shouldn't just kiss him without reassuring yourself that he likes you. You need to beam with confidence in such situations!

Source(s): Intuition and years of dating/flirting with Japanese men...
  • 4 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Kissing a Japanese boy?

I have this friend who I really like (obviously) who's Japanese (obviously) and he's really shy. I know that most Japanese boys are. But I'm pretty sure he likes me because he seems really interested. My friends keep picking on me to make a move and kiss him or something and I've...

Source(s): kissing japanese boy: https://shortly.im/XX2kP
  • Buddha
    Lv 5
    9 years ago

Damn, I wish I were him!!

I bet you, he is not gonna make a move if you are keep on ignoring him.

Why don’t you ask him out, a movie is a good one I think.

Then, you kiss him there.

If he’d go out with you, that means he is warned.

He is not gonna be offended by it. I guarantee.

Good luck!!

Source(s): Japanese guy
  • 4 years ago

hideki ryuga----for the prince guy hin fugikaze---for the pervert guy. title idea---- 白い中心(white heart) which expresses innocence don't ask what they mean cuz i don't know. if you want to translate them then go to yahoo! babel fish-translation it's an excellent translating website. hope this helps ya out sum. good luck w/ your anime.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

Kissing him without warning might be offensive because of his culture.

Just ask him out.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.