What is best, a Tempur Pedic or MatressLab mattress? Any chiropractors out there have an opinion?

My husband and I are about to buy a mattress. Taking money out of the equasion, we would like to find out what mattress is better. Of course it's subjective, but if there are any chiropractors out there, we'd value your opinion even more. Regular folks please answer too :) Also, no other mattress... show more My husband and I are about to buy a mattress. Taking money out of the equasion, we would like to find out what mattress is better. Of course it's subjective, but if there are any chiropractors out there, we'd value your opinion even more. Regular folks please answer too :)
Also, no other mattress suggestion is really necessary, as it's really coming down to these two for us.

I asked my chiropractor and medically he likes both mattresses, he says both are great for the spine. On a personal level he doesn't like Tempur Pedic because he says he slept on one and would wake up sweating, because the mattress didn't let him breathe.

Tempur Pedics are very polarizing, apparently people either HATE them or LOVE them. I've laid down on the level 2 Cloud (not too firm - level 1, not too soft - level 3) and found it very comfortable. Has anyone ever had a Tempur Pedic? What did you think?

MatressLab mattresses are also foam, but they are supposed to be more tailored to you. A truck comes to your home, they have you lay down and measure where you have more pressure. So each pad under your head, neck, chest, knees... is a different firmness. That sounds good, but isn't a foam mattress supposed to do that on its own anyway? Sink in more where you are heavier?
It also takes under consideration your height, weight, and how hot you get at night.
It all sounds great, but right now I'm just repeating what the website says, I have no idea whether all these adjustments make a difference or not. Has anyone ever had one? What did you think? Did the mattress ever form sinking spots?

So here we are. They're both about the same price, both probably pretty good, and both good for the spine.
If I asked either company to compare their foam technology to the other's, both are gonna tell me "Well ours is superior because..." So I can't really get an unbiased opinion there.
Tempur Pedic has a 20 year warranty and is supposed to not form sinking spots.
MattressLab has a 10 year warranty, and I was told if sinking spots occur during those 10 years they will come and change the mattress out for free. (Which makes me think sinking spots happen.)
But it's supposed to be more tailored and not as hot to sleep on, which is good if it's true.

Anyone ever had either? Did you like it? What are your points of praise and complaint?
Any chiropractor out there have a professional and/or personal opinion on this?
It's a big investment, so I'm trying to do my research.
Thanks so much for the help!!
1 answer 1