Cooking with stainless steel cookware...?

I love my stainless steel cookware set. It heats up well and stands up to everything I throw at it... EXCEPT, cooking certain things, especially in the skillets, can definitely be a pain. I noticed that with eggs, meats, and sauteing anything, it's really hard to prevent sticking. One time I made an omelet... show more I love my stainless steel cookware set. It heats up well and stands up to everything I throw at it...

EXCEPT, cooking certain things, especially in the skillets, can definitely be a pain. I noticed that with eggs, meats, and sauteing anything, it's really hard to prevent sticking. One time I made an omelet with a little bit of butter or spray, it stuck horribly... so the next time, I used more spray, but then it cooked awfully on the bottom, and it left this gross looking and tasting burnt layer across the eggs. I always have a problem trying to flip things because they will so often stick.

BUT, whenever I try to use oil, I have to use A LOT to keep things from sticking. However, using a lot of oil can obviously be unhealthy at times, but more importantly a lot of oil is more prone to pop and make cooking less pleasurable. Plus, who wants really oily food?

Is there any way around this? Am I doing something wrong? It doesn't matter what heat I'm on, things are bound to stick or burn.
Update: It is high-end tri-ply cookware, and at $300 something, it's definitely not any crappy walmart stuff! I bought it six months ago, so it's not very old.
Update 2: Thanks everyone! I think my #1 problem is with eggs, so I will probably just buy a separate skillet for eggs. I have actually been kind of interested in getting at least one cast-iron bad boy, so maybe I will for that job. ;) In general, I try to cook at a medium heat or lower, and I do all of the things said... show more Thanks everyone! I think my #1 problem is with eggs, so I will probably just buy a separate skillet for eggs. I have actually been kind of interested in getting at least one cast-iron bad boy, so maybe I will for that job. ;)

In general, I try to cook at a medium heat or lower, and I do all of the things said below for meat. I think I was mostly just complaining about the "fond." I didn't know that was normal!