Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

What is the absolute proof that the Bible is accurate?

I'm looking for some information that makes a really strong argument that the Bible is historically, geographically, etc accurate and reliable. Thanks

I'm a Christian! I'm trying to convert my brother and the rest of my family. They want hard facts and evidence.

Please site your sources! Thanks

Favorite Answer

There are some examples, lets see The Bible and Science. When the Bible was being written, there was speculation regarding how the earth was held in space. Some, for example, believed that the earth was supported by four elephants standing on a big sea turtle. Yet rather than reflect the fanciful, unscientific views existing at its time of writing, the Bible simply stated: “[God] is stretching out the north over the empty place, hanging the earth upon nothing.” (Job 26:7) Yes, over 3,000 years ago the Bible correctly noted that the earth has no visible support, a fact that is in harmony with the more recently understood laws of gravity and motion. “How Job knew the truth,” observed one religious scholar, “is a question not easily solved by those who deny the inspiration of Holy Scripture.

The Bible and Health

What does the Bible say about excrement? It directed: “When you squat outside, you must also dig a hole with [a digging instrument] and turn and cover your excrement.” (Deuteronomy 23:13) So, far from prescribing excrement in medical treatment, the Bible directed the safe disposal of sewage. Up until the present century the danger of leaving excrement exposed to flies was generally not known. This resulted in the spread of serious fly-borne diseases and the death of many people. Yet the simple remedy was on record in the Bible all the time, and it was followed by the Israelites over 3,000 years ago.

The Bible and History

Consider Sennacherib’s assassination and what a recent discovery reveals. The Bible says that two of his sons, Adrammelech and Sharezer, put Sennacherib to death. (2 Kings 19:36, 37) Yet both the account attributed to Babylonian King Nabonidus and that of the Babylonian priest Berossus of the third century B.C.E. mention only one son as involved in the slaying. Which was correct? Commenting on the more recent discovery of a fragmentary prism of Esar-haddon, Sennacherib’s son who succeeded him as king, historian Philip Biberfeld wrote: “Only the Biblical account proved to be correct. It was confirmed in all the minor details by the inscription of Esar-haddon and proved to be more accurate regarding this event of Babylonian-Assyrian history than the Babylonian sources themselves. This is a fact of utmost importance for the evaluation of even contemporary sources not in accord with Biblical tradition.

Honesty and Harmony

Something else that identifies the Bible as coming from God is the honesty of its writers. It is contrary to imperfect human nature to admit mistakes or failures, especially in writing. Most ancient writers reported only their successes and virtues. Yet Moses wrote how he had “acted undutifully,” and so was disqualified from leading Israel into the Promised Land. (Deuteronomy 32:50-52; Numbers 20:1-13) Jonah told of his own waywardness. (Jonah 1:1-3; 4:1) Paul acknowledges his former wrongdoings. (Acts 22:19, 20; Titus 3:3) And Matthew, an apostle of Christ, reported that the apostles at times showed little faith, sought prominence and even abandoned Jesus at his arrest.—Matthew 17:18-20; 18:1-6; 20:20-28; 26:56.

If Bible writers were going to falsify anything, would it not be unfavorable information about themselves? They would not likely reveal their own shortcomings and then make false claims about other things, would they? So, then, the honesty of the Bible writers adds weight to their claim that God guided them as they wrote.—2 Timothy 3:16.

Hope this helps :)

Source(s): The Bible

There are no editions of the Bible that are flawless. Look into the history. Books were thrown out. Pieces of it were put together from different parts of the book like a puzzle. Books were hidden when christians were persecuted and killed. (Read the Gnostic Codices). Before the Bible was let loose to common people, it was incredibly edited for content. Also it was written two centuries after Christ was crucified. However, the new testament has wonderful guidance for how to live life. I believe in God as I understand God. We understand each other just fine. No troubles. Blessed Be

Hey brother I am Christian too. I am so glad that someone wants to see the information I've collected proving the bible is true. I do hard research collecting photographs, films and articles proving the accuracy of the bible and put all the information on my user group, link below, for all to see. So far, I have photographs of the Red Sea crossing which has chariot wheels, chariots, bones and other stuff. Other pics are of the ancient cities Sodom & Gomorah found in an archeological dig. I just found videos of Noah's Ark which was found in the 70s and this video footage link is cool. Today I found photos of the Pool of Shiloam where Jesus took the mud and put it on the blind mans eyes to make him see. There is so much proof the bible exists it will take time for me to collect it all and put everything in this group. Come check out what I have so far and watch what I will put there in the future. The pictures will amaze you, totally.

God is real, Jesus did come down to earth to die for us and now sits at the right hand of God the father in heaven.

God bless you and keep you. Amen.

Look, if you really want to know the truth of the matter, don't restrict yourself the apologetical "usual suspects." Read some sources that argue against the accuracy of the Bible, or even sources that argue that the Bible is irrelevant for one reason or another.

If after all that research, the Bible still comes out looking good, well, you've got a slam dunk. If not, then you've learned something really valuable for your troubles. Either way, your family will appreciate the trouble you went to. I guarantee it.

Source(s): Realist

Get a book called, "The Christ Conspiracy: The Greatest Story Ever Sold." This could be an eye-opener for you and your family.

There are many, many historical, geographical and factual errors in the Bible.

Sorry, but you have a hard row to hoe.

Source(s): Life

No credible scientific, historical, or geographic source would ever claim the Bible is accurate and reliable.

the best evidence is for them to ask for them selves if the bible is true. James 1:5 says "If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him." they need to pray and ask god if the bible is true. if they receive a spiritual answer, then they will know if the bible is true.

• Eric

There is no absolute proof that the bible is accurate.

If you ask a christian, they will just say this....

"It is the word of god."

that's the most proof you will ever get, A.K.A. nothing at all

Source(s): and Auntie christ stupor star has a really good answer too

Are you interested in honesty, or just rhetoric?

The bible says bats are birds, and Pi = 3.

That PROVES the bible is not 100% accurate.

• It just needs to state the proof on the cover, just like alcoholic beverages.

Gin? 94 proof. Bible? Zero.