Listen to real science, real medical fact, real truth.
1. Werewolves do not exist, except as a delusion (analogous to the m-shift). There is not one single humanoid being on this planet who can change his shape in ANY manner similiar to the legends of lycanthropy. There is absolutely NO concrete evidence at all of any such creature, and there is exhaustive scientific and medical facts as to why they do not exist, and could never exist:
2. There are no “potions” or “edibles” that can change you into anything. I have no doubt that some delusional person is going to tell you to consume wolfsbane, which is aconite, a deadly poison. There are no “bloodlines” – genetic werewolves do not exist.
3. The legendary shapeshifting (new terminology is the pseudo term p-shift) would require a miraculous growth and loss of bone and bone
structure as the skeleton would reshape itself, a rearrangement of internal
organs and associated connective tissue, nervous pathways, and blood vessels - requiring “movement” of these structure through deep tissue and muscle, a complete repatterning of the entire DNA code – systemwide – a thickening of the dermis and a spontaneous growth of fur from hair follicles generated on the spot, a reallocation of body mass and spontaneous generation of body tissue, and last but not least, a loss of brain tissue as the brain cavity “shrunk” to the dimensions of the wolf cranium.
4. When you lose brain tissue, it is like a VHS tape being erased – any data or associative functions stored there are gone for good – like in a stroke or TIA (transient ischemic attack). A werewolf able to transform would (if he could) return to human form suffering from severe retardation, and would be a drooling idiot at best and a homicidal, animalistic killer at worst.
5. The caloric expenditure necessary to fuel such a transformation is so high it is impossible – the human body (at its full size) cannot ingest that much food during one digestive cycle to power such a change. Also, the pain involved would be so excruciating that the system itself would begin to shut down, and blood pressure and heart rate would go so sky high that the cardiac muscle would rupture and the “werewolf” would die from a cardiac hemmorhage.
6. The idea that the state of being a werewolf is somehow transmitted by a bite suggests a retrovirus, similiar to AIDS, that could rewrite the DNA code of its host. This “retrovirus” would have to be incredibly strong, and would be
detectable by any form of bloodwork performed on the individual. If, like AIDS, it would be resistant to all but a lethal cocktail of drugs designed to kill the virus, then we would also see congenital transmission among children from their parents. As no hospital is reporting a strange new retrovirus that causes its victims to change shape, we can therefore assume with a good deal of confidence that such a retrovirus does not exist.
7. There are no separate races of humanoids on this planet – by now they would have interbred with “regular” humans and we’d all be the same species anyway. The idea that a secret, parallel race exists alongside us, engaging in controlled breeding to “keep the bloodline pure” is delusional in the extreme.
8. The concept of werewolves being shapechanging, or humanoid wolves, is really absurd – wolves are descended from prehistoric canine creatures, the most famous example of which was the dire wolf. Humans are descended from upright, bipedal hominids. Nature (as in natural selection) “engineered” wolves and humans to be two totally different species, with different specializations and physical construction. Sure, there are “shapechanging” animals, such as maggots and caterpillars, but they can only change once, and can never revert to their original form. Such changes occur gradually, over a prolonged period. In order for a humanoid being to change into a wolf – or vice versa – it would require months of physical changes, and the creature would be in far too much pain to move, let alone feed. Soon the requirements of nutrition would slow the transformation down as the creature would no longer have the energy to fuel the change. It would waste away and die from starvation.
9. Anyone who tells you such things are real is either living in a fantasy, lying through their teeth, or are caught up in a delusion bordering on mental illness. The real danger lies in people who will tell you whatever you want to hear in order to get close enough to hurt you, such as pedophiles, rapists, and murderers – the only real monsters on our planet, and giving out your real location information is just asking for trouble.
10. Spells are not real. There is no nebulous energy field that can rewrite the Laws of Reality, Science, and Physics on the whim of a human, nor are there humans that could use such a field. It would be a genetic trait, passed down via Mendelian genetics, and even if if was recessive 25% of the population would still express the gene, meaning there would be 1.7 billion wizards running around and "magic" would be everywhere, with observable, documentable effects and results.
I’m a Nurse, real education, real experience