Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsMartial Arts · 8 years ago

What are some of the best places to learn Kung fu Worldwide?

I am looking for a short list of some of the best places to learn kung fu worldwide. I do not care exactly where it is, but i am looking for a facility that can teach the practical, brutal, and difficult aspects of the art. I am looking for world class training.

thank you for your time.

I understand that the best places to be would be the place with the best teachers, and am looking for a place to learn form some of the best.

Favorite Answer

What kind of Kung Fu? There are hundereds of styles.

I am familiar with those

Wudang schools in southern China.

The Shaolin schools around Dengfeng, Zhengzhou, Henan

Huiguang in Xinzheng of Zhengzhou in Henan.

Songjiang Wushu School, Yuncheng County, Shandong Province.

Chen Jia Gou, Wenxian, Henan Province. There are a great number of really good schools in that little village.

University in Beijing offers martial arts classes and degrees. Not that the degrees would be recognized in the west..... but in China they do exist.

From what I have heard, which is not too reliable I know, Taiwan and Hong Kong are the best places for it as after the Chinese Revolution, most left mainland or were killed by the government.

@David

While I love any mention of Okinawa, I cannot think of a time when it has snowed there, its a sub-tropical island. Another thing is that Okinawa is famous as the Birthplace of Karate and while there might be some Kung Fu there, most will be Karate.

Okinawa!

They curently have the world undefeated champion...but I think his retired...

its an island but also a fighting style. Look up okinawa master, and their demonstrations.

I saw this guy punch a brick over 50 times, punch a smallish tree till the snow fell down and be hit in the balls full force with an iron bar!

and guess what! His 80!

I'm currently trying to self train in their arts, I'm a kick boxer and its help!

• J

Don't they have a world class facility in China where many folks from around the Globe go to train? I saw it on a marital arts documentary but have no idea the name nor where it is.