Which prescription acne creams/gels are the best?

I have been suffering with moderate-to-severe acne for awhile now. I went to the dermatologist who tried to put me on Accutane, but I chickened out after 2 days of treatment because I’ve heard horror stories about hair loss and other side effects. So that option is out. I also don’t really want to get into oral... show more I have been suffering with moderate-to-severe acne for awhile now. I went to the dermatologist who tried to put me on Accutane, but I chickened out after 2 days of treatment because I’ve heard horror stories about hair loss and other side effects. So that option is out. I also don’t really want to get into oral drugs because I’m afraid I’ll develop a resistance to the drug, and my acne will break out worse than ever once I stop taking it. That leaves topical creams and gels. I’ve already tried most non-prescription stuff including Proactive and none of them work for me.

This leaves me with prescription-only creams and gels to try, and so my question is:

Note: I’m currently using Benzamycin, which works a little, but not nearly enough.

Please give me some advice!