why are tiles always shaped square?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

It's the easiest to fit into a room without gaps in between the tiles.

• 1 decade ago

Because square shapes match the personalities of square people. To get around that problem, just turn the tile 90 degees, then you have a diamond instead of a square, and diamonds are a girl's best friend.

• buch
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

I at cutting-edge have a tiled standup bathe in a single of our bogs. I dislike it intensely. I incredibly have been questioning approximately it in simple terms those previous few days and asserting, "i'm going to never have one lower back." it rather is tiled for the period of and it rather is surrounded via glass. it incredibly is the biggest discomfort in the butt to scrub. It additionally has a bench which provides to the cleanup with the angles and larger grout. We had fiberglass previously in my former homestead in the two upstair bogs. It became a bathtub mixture and it became the least confusing project to scrub in comparison to the tile. With the tile, there are grooves everywhere. mildew types on the drop of a hat. I incredibly have a twig cleanser I incredibly have used on fiberglass that in simple terms takes the action picture suitable off. i exploit Dow bathing room cleanser with the foaming bubbles. green exact on can. it works great. I incredibly have tried maximum each thing else yet even this does not artwork on my tiled bathe! action picture is elementary to take off while placed next with the various separate tiles and grout areas the place mildew can type. it rather is my opinion yet you could’t think of how strongly i've got self belief approximately it! proper needs!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

They are not always square but they are the most popular- some are rectangle or also random small pieces covered and filled.

Square ones are most common and easiest because they tessellate, leaving no gaps, allowing the surface to be fully covered. They can also easily be made into patterns and different colors can be used to create effects and patterns.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

because parallelograms are easier to pile up or arrange ajacently. if you place round tiles then there are holes that are hard to cover.

another reason is that parallelogram tiles that are similar produces great patterns when completed.

hope this helps.

• Ste444
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Coz if we had circle ones there would be more awkward gaps between each one. I guess its just easier to make them square rectangle or triangle coz the gaps are easier to fill with grout???

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

That is the shape most commonly used, they actually come in any shape or size your willing to pay for.

• 1 decade ago

Cheaper to make, and package more in a box. Easier to cut and form.

• 1 decade ago

I don't know. Cause alot of them has alot of sqares. but some are different shapes.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I found round ones!!

They are in my parents' bathroom

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.