Good World War III/ Invasion of the USA books?

Hi all. I really love the story and style of modern warfare 2 and 3 and was wondering if there are any books similar to it. Something about an invasion on US soil. I just got Tom Clancy's Red Storm Rising but I'm looking for something with a more contemporary setting.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

The Enemy Within by Larry Bond: Iranian Terrorist disguised as Neo-Nazi’s launch attacks all over America

Against All Enemies by Harold Coyle: Military VS Idaho Militia

Prayers For The Assassin by Robert Ferrigno: 2040. The USA is divided between Christian South and the Islamic Republic of America.

Darkest Days by Stan Gallon: Haven’t read it but sounds like it’s what you’re looking for.

The Third World War: August 1985 by Gen. Sir John Hackett: A future history written by a NATO commander during the Cold War postulating on what a conflict between NATO and the Warsaw Pact would look like.

The Untold Story: The Third World War by Gen. Sir John Hackett: Hackett’s follow up to the above

Team Yankee by Harold Coyle: Coyle takes Hackett’s WWIII scenario and writes about the experience of a group of American Tankers.

Dragonfire by Humphrey Hawksley: India goes to war with Pakistan and China. The USA, Europe and Japan back India, Russia backs China.

Breakdown by William W. Johnston: 2nd American Revolution

Defiance: An American Novel by Oliver Lange: Guerrilla resistance to a Soviet invasion

Clash of Eagles: A Novel of the Nazi Occupation of America: Alternate History. Guerrilla resistance to the Third Reich in the Eastern USA.

Arc Light by Eric L. Harry: WWIII and America getting nuked

America’s Last Days by Douglas Mackinnon: Coup d’état involving the military and FBI.

Invasion by Eric L. Harry: Chinese Invasion of America

Ian Slaters WWIII novels originally started as a Cold War scenario but he did a couple updates not that long ago dealing with modern scenarios. He also did the USA vs Militia series about a 2nd American Civil War.

Under Siege by Stephen Coonts: See’s Washington DC devastated by Narco-Terrorism

Jerry Aherns series The Survivalist

Red Army and The War After Armageddon by Ralph Peters

Almost any techno-thriller writer will get to this subject, check the biggies back catalogue (Clancy, Coonts, Dale Brown, Joe Weber ect.)

Their where also a bunch of pulp serial novels in the 80’s that dealt with similar scenarios (The Guardians by I forget, Tank War by Larry Steelbaugh, Countdown WWIII, End World, The Ashes ect)

Less mainstream dude named Mathew Bracken has a trilogy (Enemies Foreign and Domestic, Domestic Enemies: The Reconquesta, Foreign Enemies and Traitors) sound like their along the lines your looking for but fair warning I haven’t read them.

Molon Labe by the psyedonomous Boston T. Party

Unintended Consequences by John Ross

I’d also recommend Bruce Powe’s Killing Ground: The Canadian Civil War

Their was also a novel tie in for the video game Homefront and I believe a tie in for Tom Clancy's EndWar

• 3 years ago

World War 3 Books

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Good World War III/ Invasion of the USA books?

Hi all. I really love the story and style of modern warfare 2 and 3 and was wondering if there are any books similar to it. Something about an invasion on US soil. I just got Tom Clancy's Red Storm Rising but I'm looking for something with a more contemporary setting.

Source(s): good world war iii invasion usa books: https://tr.im/962Hd
  • 3 years ago

Wow, Thankss! exactly what I was searching for. I looked for the answer on other websites but I couldn't find them.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.