about website bounce rate ?

What is bounce rate and how i can reduce it on my website ?? pls answer me or show me any step by step guide or tutorial.

thank you in advance

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Bounce Rate, specifically the Bounce Rate Metric in Google Analytics, is the percentage of single-page visits to total visits of a certain Dimension. For example, say you are looking at your Organic Traffic and sort by search engine. The more compelling your landing pages, the more visitors will stay on your site and convert. You can minimize bounce rates by tailoring landing pages to each keyword and ad that you run. Landing pages should provide the information and services that were promised in the ad copy.

The number of visitors who came to your site and never clicked over to a different page within your site.

The amount of time a visitor spends on your site – usually anything under 15 seconds counts towards your bounce rate.

Businesses need to make sure their first impressions reel in the visitor in order to reduce bounce rate and to keep the person engaged with your brand. Make sure the meta keywords you are using on your site or blog.

In most situations, a bounce rate that is higher than 50% could be an indication the visitor did not finding what they wanted or didn't find anything intriguing or relevant that convinced them to stay on your web page. However, that being said the bounce rate can increase or decrease depending on the type of content your web page has. For example, a retail website will have a lot smaller percentage of bounce rate when compared to a content website.

Reduce it is not easy when you doing this manually , some website website offer this kind of service free by placing a few of your website or blog pages on a auto frame , like http://www.how4free.com/bouncerate.htm , this frame will reload your pages every 20 segs , let said that 20 members of the website are using the frame , it will increase your website action per visit automatic , reducing your bounce rate at the same time .

Source(s): me
  • Jake
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

That represents the number of visitors who immediately leave your page. Some people will use the browser back arrow to return to the search engine results that got them there, which provides the search engines some bounce rate data they use in ranking the page.

Page load time is a big bounce rate factor, one study mentioned at a seminar found that a 5 second load time caused a 20% bounce rate while a 1/2 second load time resulted in a 5% bounce rate.

(Google's own internal site design design specs call for 1/2 sec load times)

Using caching or a faster server can lower load times.

More effective header text or interesting graphics, perhaps an animated slideshow at the top may engage visitors a bit longer, lowering the bounce rate.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.