Is it true that ppl. from India wipe their butt with their hand?

One of my friends told me that people from India wipe their butts with the back side of their hands. Is this REALLY true ???

Update:

I HONESTLY didn't mean this question to offend ANYONE. My friend really did tell me this and I am just curious to know if it is true or if she was just making this up.

I am not saying that these people are 'bad' people or any less of a person if they do this. Just as someone mentioned that some countries think Americans are nasty for using tissue to wipe with. That is ok with me too. We are all different, none of us perfect.

I was honestly just curious.

Update 2:

I use tissue paper when I have to pee, and I take a bath everytime I do a #2. I would never wipe with plain tissue after a #2! Must bath or shower.

See were not that different after all! =)

32 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

Well, I'm here to tell you that, yes, Indians do wipe themselves with their hands. And, to be specific, their *left* hand, never their right. I learned this the hard way, as I couldn't understand why people were staring at me when I ate with my left hand. I also had to learn the hard way how to wipe myself when I began to notice that there wasn't any toilet paper. A country without toilet paper is a strange thing to a US citizen, let me tell you. What they did have was a faucet, so, it must be explained, they do use water with their hand when they wipe. As long as you have soap to wash yourself with after, it's not so bad as it sounds. "When in Rome..." Sometimes, actually, one cannot find a bar of soap handy. That's why they never eat with their left hand. They did have some kind of powder from a packet that I saw them scrape on the palms of their hands many times, and I presume that's related to cleansing the hand.

• Nawodh5 years agoReport

As i know, indians wash there butt, not wipe at all

• 5 years ago

Pradeep I am having a problem with your response. You say that "Ever wonder what else hands touch that you unmindfully put in yur [sic] mouth?" This as an inference that wiping with paper and then washing after is somehow an inferior act of cleaning. But, isn't your very argument and position discrediting to the practice of wiping oneself with your hand and then washing as again your hand is subject to bacterial contamination that the same washing as you state is less than hygienic?

• Anonymous
    3 years ago

If you guys ever find the history of toilet in google search and read, you all would have changed your opinions. People of western world used to use a cloth stuck in one end of a wooden bar and after the cloth is wet from a water container kept next to toilet (almost like the car washing brush that you find in a gas-station) they would clean their butt with it. After one cleans himself, obviously cleaning cloth used to be kept in that bucket again for others to use. It was not hygienic at all. Indian and most of the Asian adopted almost a similar practice - that is use your own hand (left one) that can be cleaned by mud or now soap. There wasn t any soap - my dear, then. Have you ever wonder how Alexander, or novel princes of royal families world over, all Sultans, Kings their queens and all the servants, ever? I went to so many historical buildings - old palaces, forts and royal buildings - very rarely found any toilet.

So if you use your hand with fresh and clean water to wash off the stuff and then clean off your using soap - should be more hygienic than cleaning using tissues that never can clean off completely. Besides, imagine you save so many trees from untimely deaths! Isn t it more green?

• 6 years ago

I am sorry...I could never entertain this, therefore, I guess I will never be visiting India. There isn't enough soap or sanitizer in the world to make me feel that my LEFT hand was clean enough after wiping my *** with it....I am sorry, this is a tradition that I will never warm up to. I don't see how it could be MORE sanitary in any way, shape or form. WE use flushable wipes to feel cleaner, if need be.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 years ago

Marrakesh is a town that sums up every one of Morocco's spectacular North African attraction, view it with hotelbye . The city's title provided the basis for the name of the country itself, spelling out this town's value down the ages. Within the hustle of the town core you'll find previous and new clashing and blending, which can make some tourists nearly dizzy. Snake charmers and easy store touts equally compete for the attention amid a loud, colorful bustle that encapsulates Morocco's vibrant soul. For all readers, Marrakesh's labyrinth Medina (Old City) district is the town's celebrity attraction. The slim alleyways certainly are a kaleidoscope of colours, smells and sounds. Is likely to function as the sightseeing highlight of one's journey; in addition to the simply wandering is intended to lively maze.

• 5 years ago

In the Philippines, we use soap and water to clean our butt after defecation. It is cleaner than just wiping the butt with rolls of toilet paper that is not available in most homes especially in the rural areas. We are taught to wash our hands thoroughly with soap and water after each visit to the toilet. Each of us is different but we are one in observing proper hygiene anywhere anytime.

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

Yes it is common in parts of Asia, South Asia, and Middle East.

You know your ******* still has **** on it when you use TP right?

Do you wash your *** in the shower? I hope you do. Do you then wash your hands with soap?

How is that different from

Washing your *** after you ****, then washing your hands with soap.

IMO its pretty much the same thing except one guy walks around with a clean ******* while the other guy walks around with a dirty ******* until he showers.

• 3 years ago

All Indians are not nasty and smelly I hate seeing people dehumanize others like they're some type of animal we all do what we gotta do weather you like it or not everyone has their own way of doing things

• 5 years ago

paper can never clean like water can. dried poop still remains around the butt if paper is used, and is unhygenic. Potty showers are an alternative to using your hands. Ever wonder what else hands touch that you unmindfully put in yur mouth? Using water after potty and soaping hands thereafter is the cleanest ablution after an evacuation.

Source(s): Common sense
    • Brad4 years agoReport

Then why do Indians smell like **** and Americans don't? We wipe and then clean our hands with soap and water. You people scrape the **** off with your hand, thus leaving big globs in your *** and all over your hand. You touch things and spread your ****. Indians smell like straight ****.

• 4 years ago

Make your hands dirty and than use paper/tissue or use water to clean them, see whats gonna be relust. That gonna answer your question.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.