The average cost of building a website?

What is the average cost of building a website, 10-12 pages,

Both designing and developing?

Thank you!

Favorite Answer

It depends on the company you get to do it.

For example, I'm a freelance web designer for local companies. I just do simple websites as a side job. I only charge $10 an hour and then a hosting fee of $10 a month if they want me to keep editing it for them.

Client Server/Hosting Requirements – Who is hosting? Email? Who is setting that up? What if something happens to email? What kind of server will it be hosted on? Does the client have access? Do YOU have access? Hosting problems alone take 2 – 10 hours initially to address on EVERY project – and problem account for about 10 – 20 hours of support during any given year for a client.

Scope – What does the client want? What does the client NEED? Two very different things.

Who is the Client – I’m going to quick address business owners here – who are you? Are you picky? Are you easy to deal with? A good web development company will do one of two things – either read you well, or structure their contract for it not to matter (ie hourly). However, in either case the easier you make it to work with you, the less expensive a site will tend to be.

Client’s Technical Knowledge – More highly technical clients don’t have to learn how to maximize their web browsers or, and this one still gets me!, understand why there are “bars” on the side of their website (the background of a site in a fixed width design is called “bars” here). The more hand holding a client needs (or the less IT staff they have) the more time it will take to complete the project and have them satisfied.

About 750$

my name is thomas from orange county ca and i do websites full time and i charge per page which ranges from $25 to $250 depending on what the person or company wants on page. basic sites will run in the $25 to $100 per page as for pages with flash cost up to $250 per page. i'm currenty buidling 4 sites, 1 is a rebuilt from an old client who was with a different web master who cheated the man and other 3 are new builds.

basic photo's and flash are most time consuming for they take alot of space. anyone interest in my services go to:

www.thomascomputersevices.net and contact me about your site you need. i do computer sevices and web sites.

The lowest cost to build a website using wordpress platform CMS, I charge my clients £800. That's without adding a shopping cart and such, these are extras and can be added later to the site.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Daryl

It depends if you are going to do it yourself or have a web designer create it. And also then it depend on your project specifics. I use UltimateWB software for my website. It is just a one-time fee for the software. There are also some web design packages there. Great rates.

• $0.00 to $10,000.00