Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetProgramming & Design · 9 years ago

needs web design tips please !! 10 points ...?

i have just recently came up with an idea to create and build a website for none marketing purposes (at the moment) i want some one to answer the following questions

1. am i okay to design my web template in paint or photoshop them image source it into my website as i ahve heard programmers code there site ?

2. i am not very good with coding i knw basic html / php / CSS & SQL, so what i have been thinkig of doing is downloading programmers scripts and other codes and embedd it into my code is that perfectly okay aslong as the copywrite stays within the comments field "<!--example-->" and also it is okay to use only freeware ?

3. forums, password usernames, forms & coommet boxes... are they all corrcetly dne via the SQL database on your hosting site as i have little knowledge of how that works ?

finnaly 4. if i do get member on my site how do i ..as you maye say "keep network traffic" under my watch ?

thanks please help :)

• IT
    Favorite Answer

1. Yes, you can do that. However, in your case I would rather take a designed template you like and simply exchange the images with your own.

2. Always check whether the license allows it. Most of the time that's ok.

3. Yes, all of this is stored in the database - you don't have to think about this as long as you take a ready to use script.

4. Your web host will tell you how much bandwidth you used. If you want to know more about your traffic, then add a stats script to your website.

Now, my personal opinion: What you wrote sounds like a long time project. If you would like to make it faster, here's what I would do in order to get my site running in just 10 minutes:

Get web hosting with cpanel. - I would use E2 web hosting. They offer great hosting for a very affordable price.

With cpanel you get a site builder and you can install most of the popular website scripts with one single click. Install for example Simple Machines Forum and your forum will be up and running in minutes. Now you can create your own design and start building the community.

Here's a link to check them out: http://www.unlimband.com/webhost/e2.php

I host most of my sites with them and I'm very satisfied with their service.

Hope this helps.

Use a fixed-position navigation format for easy navigation for your users. This allows you to lock the panel for navigation in place while users scroll. Not only do visitors find this convenient, but so do internet marketers who have calls to action they want in place.

Before you publish any web page, check it carefully for broken links. Nothing is more frustrating to a visitor than clicking on a link and being taken to an error page. You can check your links manually, or there are programs that will scan your site for you and report any broken links.

Break up long text blocks. Having a huge wave of text is unnecessary for any site, especially when you can break it up by using images, or even separating it into different pages. Boring your viewers will only make them leave, so keep things as simple and fresh as possible.

Whoever your target audience may be, loading time ought to be under ten seconds. A site that is designed well will only take a few seconds to load. If it takes too long, a visitor is simply going to become frustrated and go elsewhere.

The best web sites communicate a lot of information in a small amount of words. If you are long-winded, people will easily get bored and find another site that is more concise. Make sure any content is relevant and easy to understand – newspapers use an eighth grade reading level, which is the most common literacy level.

Organize your links and avoid putting too many links in one area of your site. Doing this can confuse visitors and make them leave your site. If you do have many low- to mid-importance links, emulate the “blogrolls” seen in many blogs and tuck them away in a column on the right side of the page.

Designing a website is possible if you are willing to acquire a few skills. There are some fundamental principles involved with web design that, once learned, help you to figure out the entire genre.

Source(s):

http://zerodue-design.com/blog/ease-website-design...

Why don't you use moonfruit its so easy and its free ,you get 10 free sites to play around with and only pay if if you want a domain.All ten are live and free.

see http://www.superbwebsitedesign.com and learn how to do this all that you want to do...