Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetProgramming & Design · 10 years ago

How to become a web designer?

I'm 14. Where can I learn. How do you build it. How much do you charge. And most importantly how do you set it up like do you need to pay for the web hosting domain name?

Favorite Answer

Right now, I am currently a web designer/developer. Basically, a good place to start is by learning HTML and CSS, which you can start by looking at this website (where many of my teachers told me to go to learn these two languages): www.w3schools.com

Also, you will want to take up learning Adobe Photoshop and Dreamweaver because a lot of the web designers today use these two programs to develop the websites. I don't understand what you mean by charging anything, but usually I don't charge anything right now. I pay a fee for web hosting domain name, which depends on where you go. Any place will do for getting your own domain name. Whatever serves your needs best. The place where you need to learn this would be by going to any college or university that offers a degree in graphic design or computer science, and/or a certificate in web design/development.

Source(s): Senior majoring in Computer Science

I'm also 14,

And web designers charge different amounts for each project. You can make the sites using HTML, php, and java. You can learn this from internet sites, or if you can afford it id tech camps can teach you. You can also get books on HTML and PHP. Hosting can be free or paid it depends on what your site is and for. For more information feel free to email me.(adevlin@ggwf.host56.com)

~

AdevlinJ

P.S. the tech camp website is www.internaldrive.com

You can do everything you listed for free. Go to http://www.makewebsitesyourself.com to learn step by step the basics of website building. The information on that site is also free and they give you some links to free stuff like a free hosting company.

im a webdesigner. im 16. you can try to search on the internet. your not going to find it. i learned by my uncle who is a major computer nerd. he taught me html and all the 9 yards. it just takes time. you have to go to schooling so people say but if you know someone who has went to school for it they will tell you all those years are not worth it. because its all simple but they make you finish out your schooling. just like high school. you dont need half the stuff your in there with. but they still make you finish it out. if your wanting some one else to build you a site. let me know i can creat you a website for very cheap. (hosting,domain,and building fees apply.

Source(s): Uncle

you can learn everywhere: ebooks, internet, video tutorials, your friends ....

let's study hard you will have the website you want !