What is needed to build a website?

I have an idea for a website that helps people get jobs. I want the website to look a certain way, and for employers and job seekers to register on my site. Some of my questions are, do i need a high tech computer? Is there some software needed? How do i make it public and seen? I would appreciate any help, thanks.

Favorite Answer

CoffeeCup software offers a wide range of easy to use software so that you can develop a website. Depending on your skill level they have programs to fit both beginners and pros so you can pick up a program that meets your technical skills. All the software runs on a desktop computer so as long as you have Windows XP, Vista or 7 then you have enough power to run their applications.

You would need a hosting provider to make your website live to the public. A hosting provider is basically your landlord for your internet space. CoffeeCup offers a hosting service which does not require FTP (which can be tricky) but their tools also work with other providers as well. Hosting provider can be very important when developing a website. Using desktop software vs an online service has many benefits as you are in complete control and ownership of your website. This means if you no longer like the hosting provider you would be able to take your website and move to another provider. Online site building tools usually have restrictions where you must use their service.

Source(s): http://www.coffeecup.com/ I use them for my business website

It can be done off of any computer, you don't need any special hardware or software to make websites. However, if you are going to post it online, you will need to do so from a web server. All you need is notepad and knowledge of HTML/XHTML and CSS. Knowledge of JavaScript can also come in handy to make your site interactive. You can learn more about these languages at w3schools.com.

Source(s): Student in web-development.

You would probably want to download and configure a CMS such as Wordpress. Then you will need to purchase an appropriate domain name from a registrar such as Namecheap.com and then sign up for a webhost such as Godaddy.com, Hostmonster.com, or Dreamhost.com.

Before you can get started, you should set up your host and domain: http://zul.me/2012/07/how-to-make-a-website/