Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceSmall Business · 9 years ago

should i sell my business?

i have had it for about a year and i am not making money. it is stressful but i have made a lot a friends doing it. what should i do!!??

Favorite Answer

Selling a business is just like selling anything else. To be able to sell something, you need to have two things.

1.) Your (business) has to have some kind of intrinsic value.

2.) Its price must be relative, which means the buyer can distinguish its value from another similar business.

However, just because your business has these, you should sell it. Many small business owners start with a net loss and a lot of stress. So, just because you're not making money and you have a lot of stress, it doesn't mean you should give up.

Before you throw the towel, consider two things:

1.) Does your business model work?

2.) Are the weaknesses in your business fixable?

If you answered no to both, then it's probably wise to sell the business.

When selling the business, consider who might be able to derived value from it. It's possible someone out there has been thinking of starting a similar business, and would want to take over your existing company.

If you think you can sell a business that doesn't make money, well, you're a better man than me. What I would do is liquidate it,and take my lumps