Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 1 decade ago

Should I carry a gun for safety?

Should I carry a firearm for safety reasons? I mean get the license and go to the classes and then carry it of course. Certainly you can't shoot to kill anyone if you're being assaulted? What are the rules here and is it worth the money and the lessons?

Favorite Answer

How often do you hear about people using guns for self defense? Not very often. How often do you hear about people accidentally shooting themselves or others, or kids finding the guns and getting shot. Happens a lot.

You are more likely to cause damage to your life with a gun, than protection to your life.

I lived in Fort Pierce, Florida for 23 years, and I still go back and visit family and friends on a regular basis. We have higher crime rates than majority of places in this country:

http://www.areaconnect.com/crime/compare.htm

I don't need a gun, never did, so why would someone living in a safer area need one? If someone wants to take your life, having a gun won't save you. Bad guys don't give warning shots. More people should take note of the 4 armed cops who were killed last month by a single shooter in Seattle. If someone assaults you, you can assault back. If you shoot someone who assaults you, you better hope you had lots of witnesses (which would be rare because if someone assaults you, they probably won't do it in a crowded area). I used a knife on someone who assaulted me, and even though I had 4 witnesses saying that he attacked me first, I still went to jail for felony battery because I had a knife and he didn't, and he had the injuries.

First, each state will have it's own rules and laws concerning this.

And if you are being assaulted, you shoot to stop the attack. Well the best way to do that is aim for the center of mass, and that can kill.

Go to Ace and buy a can of wasp spray. Non lethal, good up to 20 feet, absolutely guaranteed to immobilize anyone. You don't even have to hit your attacker in the face because the stuff turns to a vapor on contact.

Well, it certainly depends on where you live. In some places it might be necessary such as Compton or Brooklyn. However if you live in a neighbourhood with elderly people, it might be a tad excessive. Think about whether you'll actually use it and whether you want to risk injuring yourself or others with it.

Yes you should carry a gun for protection, but it depends in what state you're in.

Source(s): Common Sense

yes i beleive that if everyone carried a gun exept for dangerour minorities the world would be alot safer

I carry my batarang in case of an attack.

well no because it may be more of a danger to urself

yes.

Source(s): U.S. Constitution.

No....you will be in jail