Steps in Web Design Where to Start?

Hello, I've really been into PHP and all of the server side web stuff but now im looking to 'designing' websites. For example i wish to use css to create professional websites such as this one, but what are the steps in design? What would all of you web designers do?

I know what html is and how to use it.

Favorite Answer

There is way less money in the design end.

If you are good at PHP, stick with it!

However, if you really want to learn web design..

Just start designing a site...

With your experience you will do great.

w3schools will help you learn whatever you need.

Source(s): www.w3schools.com

The first step on this field is to look at and be taught from different web pages, no longer just the great ones but in addition the dangerous ones. Notice down what you liked, didn't like, what labored well, what did not and so forth. The second step is to be competent to make mockups, layouts, etc. With simple pencil and paper or an equivalent software tool so which you could situation and role the more than a few elements e.G. Text, pictures, types, and so forth. The 1/3 step is to gain knowledge of all the necessary instruments of the trade. For pictures design it could be Photoshop, Illustrator, and many others. For progress it would be HTML, CSS, and so on. The fourth is to make web sites and maintain studying and bettering, making errors and studying again. Under are some resources you might like though the quantity of know-how available is too gigantic.

• Jas

I know this is a dumb-sounding answer, but, after having done a lot of web work, if I could recommend one way to start, and good tip, it would be that, when you create your page, first thing to do is to create a TABLE of rows & cells and then put everything into various cells as you create it. You can merge unused cells anytime you want. That way everything's nicely laid out. Obviously design itself is easy after that. Just plug in fonts, banners, .jpegs/.pngs using your knowledge of .html and .php in the backend code. Just one tip, but it made a big difference for me. Whenever I start a page, that's the first thing I do, even before I know what content I'm going to place on that page. That way it becomes like a template; then, not unlike a Christmas tree, all you have to do is start hanging ornaments. :) Good luck and HTH

Nice, I would prefer HTML (Hyper Text Markup Language) for more info please email me

I am a Professional Programmer and I have been programming and making websites and even making mobile applications most of my life.Feel free to email me at CodedCompany@aol.com I would love to help you!