Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsOutdoor RecreationHunting · 1 decade ago

What is taught in gun-safety courses?

Is it just common sense stuff like not pointing the barrel at yourself or anyone else, etc.? I'm wondering cause I just bought my first rifle and need to know if I should take one of these? I'm 22.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

They teach truck driving secrets.

There's always some know-it-all in every safety class. I'd imagine you're it. With your attitude, I wouldn't want you in a class I was teaching, but it would definitely be beneficial to anybody who had to shoot around you later if you took a safety course. As long as it was somebody else's course.

At our public range, you are required to have completed a safety course to use the range if you're under 35.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    4 years ago

It would be a good idea if some of them did Making something against the law will not always stop it.. If guns were ever against the law than only the bad guys would have them.. I also feel schools should have guards We could use the money we give to countries that hate us,our children are more important!! Having a gun will not help all the time but being defenseless will never help.. . =============================== Calling 911 and asking the bad guy to wait is not a viable option Better to have a gun and not need it than to need it and not have it!!!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Well I grew up around guns and still took the course. Yes I could have passed the test without the course but I still think its a good thing for anyone to take.

• 1 decade ago

A gun is a tool, the only purpose being to put holes in things.

Never, ever point it at anything you're not willing to destroy, and be proud of doing so.

Always assume it is loaded. ("I thought it wasn't loaded" is BS)

A safety is a mechanical device that can and will fail.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Take the course, the more training you have the better.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

you sound like a know it all so i would say yes please take a safety course. lots more to gun safety than just not pointing it at people

• 1 decade ago

how not to shoot yourself in the foot. more successful for some than others.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Always, always , always !.......LOOK BEYOND YOUR TARGET!

that might be one big buck deer out there along that thicket but there might be some one comming up behind him too!!!!!.........cant stress that enough!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.