Question about dog shelter?

Hi, I'm a huge animal lover, I foster for a rescue group and own 2 dogs of my own, both rescued from high skill shelters. I just finished reading a very sad note posted on craigslist that talked about an animal control workers veiw of what happens everyday to all the homeless abandoned animals poeple turn in. I... show more Hi, I'm a huge animal lover, I foster for a rescue group and own 2 dogs of my own, both rescued from high skill shelters. I just finished reading a very sad note posted on craigslist that talked about an animal control workers veiw of what happens everyday to all the homeless abandoned animals poeple turn in. I just want to know why? Why poeple continue to breed when shelters are full of homeless animals? Why can't poeple just save one of the over 11 million animals that are put to sleep each year? Why can't poeple spay and neuter pets to prevent unwanted litters? Animals have only been good to us since they were first domesticated why are they being treated so awfully. Please if someone could tell me.
7 answers 7