Selling Business contracts Help?

I live in Houston, Texas. My partner and I have started a door to door waste service; we offer every apartment complex the service and if they accept we will pick up every residents trash bags( which will be place inside their trash can which will be by their apartment door at night) and the apartment will charge our service fee every month to each resident within their monthly bill when their rent is due. This is our first time starting a business and we are both young(early 20's) and very hungry. Our biggest competitor is Valet Waste, in order to compete with are starting with lesser prices and more service days( 5 days vs 7 days). We will make money by setting contracts with apartment complexes. We are having trouble selling simply because they are not interested but mostly because the already have a contract with Vale Waste. We have no sale experience but we try very hard. Somebody please advice or give us any tips or guidelines, we really appreciate it.

Thank you.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 years ago
    Favorite Answer

This is common of any new business.

Established business would not want to use the new kid on the block, because they have no track record. They have no trust in the fact that the new kid on the block is able to live up to the end users expectations.

You might try setting up your business in smaller complexes, or new complexes being built.

You might also want to be careful of what you over as a service. If you are gonna offer this service 7 days per week, it would be extremely bad for your business to cut back to 5 days. This would not put your company in a good business position.

The initial fee is different, you may always raise your prices, but cutting your services is detrimental to many businesses.

consumers and end users consider this a bait and switch. Think this over careful before you would offer something and not be able to deliver because of increase in labor cost or finding it difficult to find people willing to work on the additional days and state within a salary rate you can meet your bottom line.

I hope this has been of some benefit to you, good luck.

"FIGHT ON"

• 6 years ago

Well, this business is uncommon and it is dead tiring for 7 days. If the fee is not worth your hard work, dont proceed this business. Instead, find something else to do. Why not work for salary first, then venture other businesses like shops or investment? Good Luck anyway both of you, and i admire your diligence!

If you dont mind stating the fees, I would like to calculate the possibly.

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

you are not following the proper business model of waste collecting services....forty percent cheaper; fifty percent better...if they don't sign a service contract they become 100% deader...got it...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.