Generating leads for a new business?

Is giving people at my unversity and around my university my business card with information on how to get to my website and purchase the product off the website a good way to generate leads on selling a product? My dad and I are really trying to start something here and we would like to know is this the best... show more Is giving people at my unversity and around my university my business card with information on how to get to my website and purchase the product off the website a good way to generate leads on selling a product?

My dad and I are really trying to start something here and we would like to know is this the best way to generate leads and have people really find out about our product?

If I were to give out 250 business cards, do you think at LEAST 50 people would think about it, 25 would check out the website, and 5 people would buy the product?

Answers appreciated!